Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel gauge shows quarter of an inch above the 1/1 mark when full. Dealer had replaced the sensor and the instrument cluster but without luck. They are at a lost. Anyone come across this problem and has a fix to this? Thanks..<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is back at the shop after the third sending unit replacement and without luck. Dealer is replacing the vapor recovery one way check valve and fuel tank now. In my case, when the gauge does not show full, I found out I can put another gallon or so of gas in after the pump stop. Looking more like something is causing the gas pump to stop before it is really full. Dealer said there is a flap inside the tank and may be that is the cause of the problem.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the car home Saturday 4/13 same problem with fuel gauge. You are correct the pump stop short of about one galllon. But event I hand fill to full tank twice in two day, the gauge still 1/4 inch from the 1/1 mark. Will return to Dealer on Wed. 4/17 for another attemp. Did you gauge fix?.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is still in the shop as of 4.16. I guess the tank install is not easy. I was told it will be ready either 4.17 or 4.18.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts