Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 C-280. & 2000 SL500
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermitent problem with my 202 fuel gage. with a full tank I have a no fuel reading with warning lite, sometimes no fuel no lite, sometimes full tank reading when I am 3/4 full. Help, where is access to the sending unit or is it something else

·
Registered
SL280
196 Posts
This is a known problem particularly in model years 1998 - 2000.
It is one of the two s...

This is a known problem particularly in model years 1998 - 2000.
It is one of the two senders that is at fault. If you have had your car regularly serviced at an MB dealer, and you kick up a polite fuss, MB will replace it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
as the previous post states, it will be one of two sending units. i've had this problem t...

as the previous post states, it will be one of two sending units. i've had this problem two times already, but luckily for me, i've had them replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
j.c amg said:
as the previous post states, it will be one of two sending units. i've had this problem two times already, but luckily for me, i've had them replaced under warranty.
======================================================

Hi, i bought this c200, 1998 model last week and found out to have this erratic fuel gauge malfunction. But there is more to come to my surprise that seems
strange? When i fill the tank because i ran out, it only takes half the tank ?
no matter how i manipulate the petrol hose nozzle, it just wont take it ?
I'm lost, how could an empty tank only allows to be half-filled ? Any suggestions
will be appreciated pls.

Also, how could i reach the fuel sender unit to check for this model ? do i have to remove the tank or there is access somewhere?

many thanks for your help,

onar

·
Registered
2001 S430
148 Posts
I have a 1997 C200. My suggestion would be to first try an inexpensive fix. If that doesn't work then you can go for the expensive one.

My car doesn't like to be over filled. Whenever I fill it to the brim I get the same symptoms. Try running the fuel down and only filling it 3/4 way. Do this for a few cycles. Seems to work for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts