Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just checked my fuel filter this morning and the Part # is 0 450 915 003 which is a Bosch brand and can be seen in Autohausaz as a replacement oem. I think this is not the original one. If so, not the original, and since I got my car used, would it be true that the dealership, where I bought it some 60k miles ago, have changed it already?
Would it still be wise for me to change it still after 60k miles of normal use or just let it stay since no problem arising from its use ? I thank you in advance.:surrender:

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
I've never seen a 60K fuel filter for any car, so I would doubt that it is original.

The pressure after the filter is regulated, and the pump puts out the that pressure plus any pressure drop across the filter. As the filter starts to get plugged, the pump has to push at a higher pressure which will shorten its life.

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt. I probably will go ahead with the order of one peace fuel filter.
Would that affect the MPG ? If filter new, would the MPG go higher? Thanks !

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,488 Posts
A new fuel filter should not affect your fuel mileage.
Unless the old one was clogged.
I replaced fuel filter at 100,000 miles on our old Volvo AS A PRECAUTION.
Our ML320 closing on 100k is still on original filter. I replaced fuel filters on diesel more often, because they are easily accessible on the top of the engine and seems to get more dirt, than gasoline.

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless the old one was clogged.
I replaced fuel filter at 100,000 miles on our old Volvo AS A PRECAUTION.
Our ML320 closing on 100k is still on original filter. I replaced fuel filters on diesel more often, because they are easily accessible on the top of the engine and seems to get more dirt, than gasoline.
Kajtek,
Do we have same filter ser. / part #? If replaced, do you still have the old part with its part no. on? G-amg has a different one. I believe that , that is the original part no.

·
Registered
36,488 Posts
I don't know what filters what models have. What I was trying to point out is, that fuel filters of last generation (20+ years) are basically lifetime item on gasoline cars.
Unless you use gas cans and don't watch for contamination, or fill her up with diesel.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
But then

again everything is lifetime in your manual of car upkeep.:D
Fuel filters get dirt,gum,sediment from the storage tanks and if old and dirty can cause misfires and even intermittent Mass air sensor codes,also factor in the occasional injector getting plugged up.
So if in doubt change it.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
36,488 Posts
But than again everything is lifetime in your manual of car upkeep.:D
And with proper use of Mercedes mostly it should, shouldn't it?

Fuel filters get dirt,gum,sediment from the storage tanks and if old and dirty can cause misfires and even intermittent Mass air sensor codes,also factor in the occasional injector getting plugged up.
So if in doubt change it.
Note to myself.
Don't fill up North of Seattle.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
everyone

can follow whatever advice they feel is best for their car.
Put up to a vote as to who's advice to follow on changing fluids and the proper intervals,I think the polling would show where the road leads .:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts