Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 ML320 (with Starmark) was in for a "B" service today (54,000 miles). I asked the SA if the upgraded fuel filter assembly was covered by the warranty. She promptly said no and said that it will cost me $365 to have a replacement fuel filter installed. I don't have any problem paying for a replacement fuel filter plus installation costs at my present mileage, but why should I have to pay for MB's upgrade (Lines, etc). The total cost for the procedure was actually $402. The actual cost of the filter itself was only $95. Plus there was 2 hours of labor. There must have been some problem that prompted them to redesign the filter. Has anyone else experienced this situation? Should I pursue this further regarding warranty reimbursement?

·
Registered
ML 320
361 Posts
Use the search feature, it has been discussed.

The old fuel pump is a known problem. As part of the redesing, MB also designed a new filter and discontinued the old filter. Some people have said that MB has a TSB that says to replace the whole system at the next B service (while under the original factory warranty). However, since this was a TSB and not a recall, it was often not done. I am only repeating what I read, I have never seen the TSB personally. Use the search feature to learn more.

Also, I have seen much higher costs (in the $1,500 range) for replacing the whole system). It looks like they only replaced the actual filter on your ML and did not replace the fuel pump (sender).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts