Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard was it to remove the lines off the fuel filter? I am doing this, this Friday. I have a Bosch Fuel Filter. And, the filter that is on their now is original. I just dont want the lines to be impossible to take off! Any solutions that will make it an easier will be greatful helpful. Thanks guys. Friday= Trans mount and Fuel filter DIY

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where was (is) the Banjo bolt located? Or the bolt that removes the cover so the fuel filter can come out?

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got done replacing the fuel filter and the Transmission mount. The trans mount was very easy and only took 20 minutes. The fuel filter on the other hand took 2-3 hours. I spent a good part of that time trying to get the lines off. It was so hard. They are on their very good, but after using pliers and twisting it back and forth I finally got them off.

But, after replacing those two items, it seems like my car has more vibration in it now then it ever did. Why in the world is this? I dont get it? Motor mounts/trans mount has been replaced, spark plugs replaced, wires and coil packs test good. New fuel filter. Injectors are good. I dont get it. It seems like sometimes it vibrates and other times it doesnt? Does that make sense? What could be causing this. Its in all gears Not just D and R. However, its more present in those gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts