Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...

Does everyone experience issues while trying to fuel their vehicles...
Everytime I go to fill it the pump keeps stopping and I have to pull the nozzle out for a sec and then start again...this happens every time...I can't just lock the handle in place and let it fuel on its own.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
If it happens at different filling stations, a bit early for 222 but could be fuel evaporation system (i.e.: charcoal canister/associated valve, etc.) have it checked under warranty.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thank you!! I actually just tried holding the nozzle upside down and it works perfectly but I will be taking it in for warranty just to check it out..thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
The problem is probably the charcoal cannister. The problem can start if the fuel tank has been topped off or overfilled. I had mine replaced under warranty and it fixed the problem.

I initially took my S550 in to the dealer and he gave me the MB notification regarding the pump design and that I should insert fully and then tilt down. However, this did not fix the problem. I took my car back and demonstrated the problem to the service advisor at the gas station.

No problems after the cannister was repaired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts