Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 639 109 manual Dualiner with just under 70k on the clock.

Over the weekend I did a 400 mile round trip to Lancaster mainly using motorways and diving between 70 and 80 most of the way. On both journeys I had about 200kg of motorbikes and gear on board. I returned a consistent 31 mpg both ways.

Normally during the week I drive via unclassified roads about 10 miles each way to and from work. I’ll normally return about 30 mpg during these journeys.

Are these fuel returns good, bad or to be expected?

I’ve been considering getting it remapped after reading some reviews about remapping on here, but don’t know if this will improve the fuel economy that much. Also, I don't want to lose out on torque to get better fuel return.

David

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zenman. That's what I thought. My only point of reference was an older Transit that was much worse.

Not sure if remapping is going to improve the economy that much. So it wouldn't be worth the investment. Also worried it will muck up the performance.

Hoped more people would have given a response though.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
2015 114 Bluetec Long, 2005 Vito 111CDi XLWB, 2003 E55 AMG, 2002 Vito 108CDi, 2002 ML55
332 Posts
I disagree. I regularly drive a 350 round trip from Southampton to Stoke via the A34/M42/M6 and get well into the 40's. Mine is a 111CDi that was re-mapped.

I'd say the mileage you're returning isn't actually that good.

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
I disagree. I regularly drive a 350 round trip from Southampton to Stoke via the A34/M42/M6 and get well into the 40's. Mine is a 111CDi that was re-mapped.

I'd say the mileage you're returning isn't actually that good.
That sound very good, but this is a stock 109 and you will need bigger feet to get the same performance so the fuel economy will go down.
Try the remap and come back with the figures to compare.

·
Registered
2015 114 Bluetec Long, 2005 Vito 111CDi XLWB, 2003 E55 AMG, 2002 Vito 108CDi, 2002 ML55
332 Posts
That sound very good, but this is a stock 109 and you will need bigger feet to get the same performance so the fuel economy will go down.
Try the remap and come back with the figures to compare.
Yep that's precisely what I was referring to. I was going to edit the post to recommend a remap but for some reason this site is taking so long to load I got bored and went to work, anyone else noticed how slow the site has become? It's the only one I find to be a problem and it's definitely not a slow pc at fault.

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like I need to try a remap.

Can I ask for any suggestions where to get it done or is that not allowed?

I live in Berkshire. I saw Celtic Tuning on here seems well regarded by a few people.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like I need to try a remap.

Can I ask for any suggestions where to get it done or is that not allowed?

I live in Berkshire. I saw Celtic Tuning on here seems well regarded by a few people.
Angel Tuning in Banbury, fantastic people and very thorough. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2012 Vito 113 CDI LWB, Towcar
34 Posts
Had my 111CDI remapped, Don't have any before or after figures as I had it mapped the day I got it, I manage about 530 miles of normal driving (by normal driving I mean around town back and for to work etc) per tank. so not bad really given it's size being a LWB.

I recently towed my car to York a distance of 405 miles on one tank and still had two notches left on the fuel guage, which isn't bad either considering I was towing
about 1500 kilos of car and trailer behind me.

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies. They were most encouraging. I'm going to get my holiday out of the way and then give you an update after mapping.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts