Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how exactly do you install the fuel distributor? do u need to bleed the system or something? i got done putting the engine in my project benz and the engine turns over but doesnt start. determined that there is no fuel getting to the engine. first the fuel pump was blown, so i replaced that and now it gets fuel to the inlet on the fuel distributor but its not getting to the injectors. the cold start line has fuel coming out but not the individual injectors. had this problem before gut dun remember how i fixed it. does ne one have an idea? the haynes manual doesnt really say. the fuel distributor works because it was out of my old one and that work fine before the accident.
thanks in advance
jippi
RIP. 1985 MB 190e 2.3 Silver metallic
Project. 1987 MB 190e 2.3 Dark Blue

PS. is it a good idea to take apart the fuel distributor? i remember from either the dealership, or on this board and a benz tech that after you take apart the distributor its useless. is ther truth in that?

·
Registered
190E 3.0
342 Posts
I hope I'm not too late. If you take the fuel distributor apart it does ruin it. There is a very thin rubber diaphragm inside and it will tear if you try to take it apart. I've got that T shirt.

It seems strange that even after swapping the fuel distributor that you still have no fuel pressure at the injectors. I would think the would eliminate this as a possible fault and I would start to look at some of the other components ie. electro-hydraulic unit, fuel pressure regulator.

You obviously have fuel pressure going into the fuel distributor so the only reason that it cannot get to the injectors is if the fuel pressure is being blocked from entering the injector pipes or the fuel pressure is being diverted elsewhere ie. back to the tank.

Just my thoughts. good luck

·
Registered
97 E320, 96 C280
101 Posts
?

Did we determine what the problem was? I have the same smyptoms....
Thanks!!

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was no fuel to the engine. what i did was i took out the fi relay and jumped the pins to keep the pump on and then i undid the lines off the top of the fuel distro one by one, to see if there was fuel coming out of the distro.

·
Registered
97 E320, 96 C280
101 Posts
Is the relay in the fusebox?

I checked all my fuses but did not see a fuel relay in the fuse box.
I doubt my problem is a relay since my pump gets fuel to the distributor............just curious where it is located.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Mercedes 190E 2.0L - 1986(black with grey)
241 Posts
First you should unplug the main fuel pipe from distro. Then turn the key once and see if gas is pumping out.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
make sure u have something to catch the gas truning the key once the thing pump quite a but of fuel.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6
3 Posts
I have the same problem after pulling the engine. The fuel distributor was not disassembled but the line was disconnected and I installed a new fuel filter as well. Similar to what the original poster experienced, I have fuel in the lower half of the distributor and an open circuit to the cold start injector--nothing out of the injector output half of the distributor though.

The only thing that makes sense is that the primary pressure is too low to actuate the control plunger so fuel flow is blocked. All the electrical lines seem to be installed correctly. I am not aware of any fuel line bleeding process either.

·
Registered
1993 MB 400SEL; 1986 190E 2.3-16 w/ MS II EFI
211 Posts
While the pump is running, when you press down on the plate, it pushes the plunger below the FD and should start seeing or hearing gas out of the injectors. It emits a very high pitch sound (you won't miss it)

The plate acts as a fulcrum... when the plate goes down, the other end goes up pushing the FD plunger in.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow way to bring a post up from the dead... ive solved this problem and repeated the process on several cars..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.