Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I need to replace my fuel distributor...part no. 0438101012.

Any leads would be appreciated (particularly for new units??). Thanks.

sorry. forgot to mention its for the w126 1989 300se (6 cylinder). Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
I have one right here. Just pulled it out of my storage bin. I believe it came off a 300CE black coupe.

It's in very good condition and the car was totaled at the time for C4C, so the car was perfect then. Horst and I wondered what would motivate someone to trade that car in. But then I think it was Five Grand at that time!

PM me your email if interested, and I will send you pics of it to confirm it's the correct one. I can ship it in the AM.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have done so. Thanks.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,755 Posts
I have one right here. Just pulled it out of my storage bin. I believe it came off a 300CE black coupe.

It's in very good condition and the car was totaled at the time for C4C, so the car was perfect then. Horst and I wondered what would motivate someone to trade that car in. But then I think it was Five Grand at that time!

PM me your email if interested, and I will send you pics of it to confirm it's the correct one. I can ship it in the AM.
I had that nice white CE's set of new 7 1/2 wheels with new Micheline tires on the 190 for a long time. The new airpump as well.
The good condition of some of the C4C cars made me scratch my head; 'what the heck were the owners thinking?'
Cheers

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Cash For Clunkers Obamafartzaneugen of a few years ago.

·
Registered
1967 250 S (sold) 1986 560 SEC 1987 560 SL
1,310 Posts
Just think: if Cash For Clunkers existed pre-war, all of those Duesenberg, Marmon, Packard et al. "clunkers" would not be clogging museums and private collections today...:confused:

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
Its such as shame. We had a similar scheme here in the UK. Wasn't quite as severe but a lot of nice cars still went that way, to be replaced by nasty little disposable boxes that aren't good for the environment when you factor in the cost to the planet regarding their manufacture every few years.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ mclare. My due apologies for not getting back to you. I did get your email but was traveling and things got waylaid. I will definitely get back to you in the next day or so.

The W126 refused to startup a week ago. It would turn over but no cigar. I thought it might be the fuel distributor again. The car had to stand for about a week till the mechanic came to look at it today.
All he did was open up the spark plugs and wash them. They apparently had huge carbon deposits on them. The result. The car started right up.

He says that there is now spacing in the pistons, which is allowing oil to seep into the plugs. He wants to do a complete overhaul of the engine. In layman's language, he called the engine 'weak'.

I'm at a loss as the word 'overhaul' scares me. So far this is a completely original engine so to speak. So I'm a bit skeptical to go for it.

Is there anything else I should be looking at, or perhaps a less major surgery?

All feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
I still have that FD right here ready to ship whenever you need it.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
NinjaPower,
It is very apparent that you joined this forum to sell your parts, and I , for one, am getting really tired of your PROSTITUTING your breaking of the 560.
We ll know why you are here.
POST YOUR PARTS IN THE FOR SALE SECTION. you do not see anyone else PIMPING their parts in the threads.

This is rude at best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts