Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My best results with my 190 E automatic are 41,52litres of 98 octane fuel for 580,50km on a beautiful empty german autobahn at a cruising speed of constantly 130 km/h with a tyre inflation pressure of 2,1 bar (front) and 2,3 (rear). If You constantly respect the economy-meter and use 10 W 50 Oil and most of all keep the car in a technically good shape, You may also reach a low fuel consumption. <br> Hope I was able to help You a tiny little bit.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There may exist differences between european and american cars. <br> - My car is not equipped with a climate control, which will raise the consumption for about 1-1,5l/100km, if always in use. <br> - It is possible that gear ratios differ. My car has a max. speed of 185 km/h. If Your car should be slower the gear ratio of the rear axle may be different.<br> - The automatic gearbox used in european cars have an additional switch (e= economy) (s=standard), which is able to reduce fuel consumption if always in e-position (reduced rpm`s). This position allows acceleration like the one of an aircraft carrier vessel. If You stay always in S-position the consumption may rise, because car uses first gear and shifts gears later.<br>

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fully understand your answers and your response, but definately there must be something wrong. My engine and gearbox was taken of a Japannese Mercedes 190E early this year. The automatic gearbox does not have an economy option or standard. Would this make any difference? Also I use the car most in town rather than highways, but still is not logical. Once I used only in town with 50 litres of unleaded fuel 95 octane it gave me 300 Kms????? 6 kms per litre?? After I took it out on highway it gave me 450 kms per 50 litres 9 kms per litre, but still is much far out from what you are saying? Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.