Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 -C230 Komp. had it since new and have a problem with the fuel cell. It would appear that within the saddled tank there is a non machanichal line that runs from one side to the other ( inside the tank). I am being told by MB the tank needs replaced. has anyone had difficulty with the saddled tank and is there any fix short of replacement.

I currently am using approx. ten gallons U.S. per tank. runs out about 225 235 mile into a full tank.
Thanks[:(]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saddled Fuel Tank Problem

I have a 2000 -C230 Komp. had it since new and have a problem with the fuel cell. It would appear that within the saddled tank there is a non machanichal line that runs from one side to the other ( inside the tank). I am being told by MB the tank needs replaced. has anyone had difficulty with the saddled tank and is there any fix short of replacement.

I currently am using approx. ten gallons U.S. per tank. runs out about 225 235 mile into a full tank.
Thanks[:(]
I just had the identical problem on my 1995 C200. Was cruising at around 50 miles per hour when my car stopped pulling. When I got to the work shop the engine died and it refused to start up at all, all the while showing on the instrument panel that the tank is half full. Realised that the left side of the tank is indeed full but there's not a drop of fuel on the right side. Is there a pump or something that brings the fuel from one side to the other? Why would it stop coming in all of a sudden? Is there anyway I could sort this out without having to replace the whole tank?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just realised browsing through this forum that a couple of folks have had this same problem. So I assume this must be a fairly common problem. Unfortunately no replies with advice :eek:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts