Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding items for Service B.

My FSS read that only Service items 1, 12 and 13 came up and that was all that the dealer did.

The car has 31K miles on it, and I this car does come under where all items are covered upto 4 years 50K.

Shouldn't the dealer have gone into the additional items and selected Service:

# 4 - Replace Dust FIlter + the other stuff
# 9 - Replace brake fluid

They told me that since its not on the items shown on FSS they can't do it as MB will not pay them. Is this a crock of sh*** or what?

I checked the FSS after I got it back and it does show 4 and 9 now - which is in another 10k miles.

About to take the car back - they scratched the outside - black pillar area - SOB"S

BTW the vibration in the steering wheel is back - much less now - they do acknolwlege there is an issue with the car - F'ers. Looked like it went away - its much less as the PS2's I put on after I returned my P zeros are much softer rubber. I guess I did not notice it as much immediatley since it was reduced -

Oh well - back to the dealer - should tell them what my hourly rate is and charge it to them.

·
Registered
W211, F250, RX7
94 Posts
Ewing or Park Place?

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Park Place - Lemmon Ave. Weird name for bunch of high end dealers on that street don't you think?

Ewing is worse - think their sh** don't stink

·
Registered
2003 E320 - wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my car!!
637 Posts
Dallas_E500 said:
I have a question regarding items for Service B.

My FSS read that only Service items 1, 12 and 13 came up and that was all that the dealer did.

The car has 31K miles on it, and I this car does come under where all items are covered upto 4 years 50K.

Shouldn't the dealer have gone into the additional items and selected Service:

# 4 - Replace Dust FIlter + the other stuff
# 9 - Replace brake fluid

They told me that since its not on the items shown on FSS they can't do it as MB will not pay them. Is this a crock of sh*** or what?

I checked the FSS after I got it back and it does show 4 and 9 now - which is in another 10k miles.

Hi Dallas,

You should step through the FSS prior to going to the dealer to see what things SHOULD get done. The dealer is right, they can only do the things that FSS tells them under warranty, but as you probably know, a person can confirm individual items in FSS and leave the others which will pop up on the next scheduled maintenance. I didn't get my dust filter (combo) filter changed when it was supposed to (according to service booklet) and they bleed the brakes under the SBC software upgrade recall. It's all about money.....

Regards,
Paul....

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Paul - been silent for a while ..,

Used the service sheet you sent me :)

I did go back to the dealer and speak to another advisor who is on another forum. He did say that at 30K even if the item is not on the FSS - they can select the Additional Item and do it. So they did leave out the dust filter and brake oil. He said it should have been done.

My beef is the original service advisor tried to cover up that MB dealer does not cover the cost, that he will gladly put in for free if I bought the parts. I raied it with his mgr and the other SA and they told me my car is under the 4yr\50k warranty and all the items will be covered. They were going to have a word with the SA.

They did scratch the black part of the door pillar of the driver siide and another mark deep cut on top of the side mirror on the passenger side - they agreed to fix this / fill and air brush.

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
Dallas_E500 said:

I did go back to the dealer and speak to another advisor who is on another forum. He did say that at 30K even if the item is not on the FSS - they can select the Additional Item and do it. So they did leave out the dust filter and brake oil. He said it should have been done.

My beef is the original service advisor tried to cover up that MB dealer does not cover the cost, that he will gladly put in for free if I bought the parts. I raied it with his mgr and the other SA and they told me my car is under the 4yr\50k warranty and all the items will be covered. They were going to have a word with the SA.

They did scratch the black part of the door pillar of the driver siide and another mark deep cut on top of the side mirror on the passenger side - they agreed to fix this / fill and air brush.
Go get em Tex! Where have you been, roping cattle from your UNIMOG again?

I have the same issues with the dealers in my area. FSS says this, they say different. In any event, always go in prepared with a list, and compare the list to the final product. Accept no excuses. I may be a pain in the A** with them, but I have yet to have service items passed over. I remind them of their competition that literally bends over to please, and how easy it is to make a phone call to MB customer service. You pay top dollar, you expect top dollar service.

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ouch low blow :) Lear don't you need a UNIMOG so you won't ruin your wheels - will sell you mine. UNIMOG - the best thing to run over those Hummers and large trucks in TX.

The FSS is used as an excuse to pass on items. Thanks to the service sheet given by paulv , I caught it, else any other person may not have known about it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Dallas_E500 said:

Hi Dallas,
I was on vacation for 1.5 weeks and didn't have my laptop (a real vacation!). Glad the service sheet came in handy for you. The moral of the story is that not all SA's are created equal!!

Considering how high the silicon level was in your oil analysis, you should defineately have the HVAC dust filter changed also -- you & your engine don't need to be breathing that stuff!

Brake fluid change is a must -- I hear so many people at work talk about having their brakes serviced and the problem is a seized caliper. I checked out this link that this tech has a site http:\\www.schleeter.com where he mentions that brake fluid replacement is the most often neglected manintenance on a vehicle.

Regards,
paul...

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Dallas,
go to other dealerships, it's seems like they're not doing a job there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FSS service

It is true that they cannot do the service items that the vehicle is not calling for.
The tech will not be paid for them and the dealership will eat the costs of the extra
services. Only thing I can tell you is to bring it in when it calls for the services. This
FSS service system is the biggest waste of time and causes headaches with central gateway programming issues.

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the service sheet says 30k miles. The dealer honored that and did say with all the different intervals of each car model things get confusing. They did say they missed it and I got both the services done for free. It is usually the SA that tries and pulls a fast one on consumers. Lucky for Paulvs' sheet, I foudn the error.

I was cleaning my car this weekend and saw that they had not put the cap \ dickstick back on. I took of the top cover to replace the air filters and noticed that was missing. Need to go to see those jack-off's again.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Dallas_E500 said:

I was cleaning my car this weekend and saw that they had not put the cap \ dickstick back on. I took of the top cover to replace the air filters and noticed that was missing. Need to go to see those jack-off's again.
I can't believe they forgot that -- time to change dealers!! Just goes to show that the techs are rushing around when doing warranty work.

Regards,
Paul....

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me either. My only concern is I washed the car on Saturday. Not sure if any way may have gone in. Did not wash the engine, but whats the chance of water going in? Did not drive the car after I found out. Would a few drops hurt the car till I get an oil change?

I called the dealer - they said they are going to run the video tape of the bay when the work was done see if that peice was put on or come off.

Need to drive down there and take it up with them personally.

There are no good dealers anyway close. The other dealer is much worse.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Dallas,

I don't know if a couple of drops of water would cause problems -- maybe one of the "pro's" on this forum would know, or maybe a quick call/email to Blackstone with that question. You could pull a sample through the dipstick tube and send out for analysis to be sure.

I didn't know dealers video'd their techs -- I'm glad I don't do that kind of work -- the dealer would catch me scratching my butt and picking my nose.

When your ordeal is over with the dealer, buy some thin wire rope and make a small lanyard connecting the tube cap with the tube -- at least you'll have the tube cap when you get home!

Regards,
Paul...

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got back from the dealer. They have me a new cap\dipstick for free.

They said they will review the tapes, but said it would need lot of water to make any impact. That is just one of my issues, if they can leave something simple out, what if something major is really left out.

Then he said that the fact that water got in due to washing was not their issue. That was what got me pissed off... rest is history.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I didn't know that the 04 E500 had dipsticks -- I know the 03 E320's don't. As far as water is concerned, the Blackstone analysis sheets show that water should be less than 0.1%.

I've often wondered for any profession, someone forgetting something simple and what would happen on a major job!!

That was a stupid answer they gave about you washing the car is not their problem -- that dealer needs more lawyers as MB owners to straighten them out with customers.

This dealer really sounds bad -- I don't even want to think about the other dealer you said was worse. Good luck....

Regards,
paul...

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are right, its not a dipstick, a cap with an end thats about 2-3 inches long.

Took your advice - posted on the other oil forum. I should be ok ... thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2009 GL320 Bluetec
1,476 Posts
Take the car for a good drive. The water should evaporate, it more than likely was gone after the first 10 miles your drove the car knowing how hot that oil can get.

Water is always forming in the engine and is simply a byproduct of combustion. Large amounts are not good however the little that would get in via the dip-stick hole would not amount to much. I don't often agree with dealers but they are correct, it's not worth any concern.

DB

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Duly noted - based on feed back received - may let this slide if they don't offer the oil change. However was told to bring the car in tommrow. May get an oil change or nothing - will see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts