Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I know both petrol and diesel versions are the same but if anyone finds different please let me know. To enlarge the attachment mouse over it and left click;

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 SL500; 2003 E320; 2001 ML430 Sport; 1999 E320 Wagon
404 Posts
This isn't the correct procedure for the US '03 W211 (that I have anyway). They want you to hold the button down for 5 sec (much like our ML) instead of pushing it 3 X, then you navigate a bunch of cryptic menus like 'US SERVICE 5' (Whatever the heck that is). I did find a way into 'GENERAL INSPECTION" which allows you to set in a date - this is perfect for our bi-annual state inspection.

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
This isn't the correct procedure for the US '03 W211 (that I have anyway). They want you to hold the button down for 5 sec (much like our ML) instead of pushing it 3 X, then you navigate a bunch of cryptic menus like 'US SERVICE 5' (Whatever the heck that is). I did find a way into 'GENERAL INSPECTION" which allows you to set in a date - this is perfect for our bi-annual state inspection.
You need check off sheet for your car to know what each service means. For instance, service 12 is oil change. 5 is engine air filter for diesel.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
You need check off sheet for your car to know what each service means. For instance, service 12 is oil change. 5 is engine air filter for diesel.
Anywhere I can get a car-specific one of these other than the dealer? Not exactly on good terms with them right now... '07 350 (2wd, gas by default I guess)

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
Anywhere I can get a car-specific one of these other than the dealer? Not exactly on good terms with them right now... '07 350 (2wd, gas by default I guess)
06 should work for you. Just look for specific items for your engine.

·
Registered
E200 W211 2007 PETROL
1 Posts
FSS RESET SERVICE INDICATOR W211

Excellent, worked first time

Thank you

Go raibh mile maith agat ( 100 thanks !)

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
20 Posts
Long time lurker... first post. I just got an 2006 E320 CDI, changed oil and filter, air filter, and fuel filter.. Tried multiple times to follow the clear instructions above, but never can get past step 2 where the battery voltage should be displayed, (after pushing the reset button three times) to start the process... Anyone else have this issue?

Have searched, to no avail.

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Long time lurker... first post. I just got an 2006 E320 CDI, changed oil and filter, air filter, and fuel filter.. Tried multiple times to follow the clear instructions above, but never can get past step 2 where the battery voltage should be displayed, (after pushing the reset button three times) to start the process... Anyone else have this issue?

It can be a little unresponsive sometimes, when this happens we use the diagnostic equipment to do the reset.

But make sure you have all doors closed and the hood and trunk closed when doing this. The 3 presses need to be firm and quick.

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts

06's are tricky, there was a half hearted effort by MB to make it a dealer only (SDS) item, but you can do it yourself with the following adjustments:
1- Follow instructions with ignition in position 1
2- Immediately after confirmation turn key to position 2
If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll post the specific 06 steps

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
20 Posts
Thanks to both of you... still having trouble.
Here is what I have done.
Hood and Trunk closed propperly.
Get in car... close doors.
Key to position 1.
Cycle through screens to get to temp/miles display
Push reset button three times... Cluster does not change.
Tried all of above in position 2... same result.
tried shorter pushes 3X's, longer pushes 3X's... same result.
tried holding long... resulted in resetting miles, but no Battery voltage.

Thanks for the quick responses and help.

·
52,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
06's are tricky, there was a half hearted effort by MB to make it a dealer only (SDS) item, but you can do it yourself with the following adjustments:
1- Follow instructions with ignition in position 1
2- Immediately after confirmation turn key to position 2
If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll post the specific 06 steps

Best thing to do is post them and let him try, I know these can be a bitch to do sometimes.

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
Do you have any messages on the dash?
Have you seen a message that alerts you that the convenience functions are not available?
Have you noticed anything strange with your controls?
If the Aux battery is bad, strange things start to happen.
Check your battery voltage with the ignition off, one battery is in the trunk and the other is in the engine compartment, passenger side near the firewall under a plastic cover that houses the cabin filter.
If one is reading below 11.6 to 11.8, then you need to have them checked out.
If after all this you still have problem, disconnect the main battery for 10 minutes and reconnect, you will need to reset your sunroof, steering(lock to lock) etc...
Let me know your progress

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
20 Posts
Do you have any messages on the dash? No messages, other than "service due xxx "
Have you seen a message that alerts you that the convenience functions are not available? No alerts or messages.
Have you noticed anything strange with your controls? No.
If the Aux battery is bad, strange things start to happen.
Check your battery voltage with the ignition off, one battery is in the trunk and the other is in the engine compartment, passenger side near the firewall under a plastic cover that houses the cabin filter.
If one is reading below 11.6 to 11.8, then you need to have them checked out. both batteries checked out greater than 12 Volts
If after all this you still have problem, disconnect the main battery for 10 minutes and reconnect, you will need to reset your sunroof, steering(lock to lock) etc... I guess i will have to do more reading and see what this means... Will disconnect later this afternoon, assuming i don't open up another can of worms with the resetting of those items... I can ignore the service message, but would be hard to ignore an open sunroof.
Let me know your progress
Progress above, in red.

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
There are simple procedures to reset all systems after you disconnect the battery.
If the problem persists, I suggest you post (or pm me if you're more comfortable with that)a video of what you're doing with ther reset and we/I may be able to pinpoint the problem

·
Premium Member
'06 E320 CDI, '83 300D Turbo
131 Posts

I have an '06 as well and it works fine. The build date on mine is: June, 05 (on the label at the bottom of the B pillar, inside the driver's door).

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
20 Posts
I thinnk I got it... I went for a drive... Came home, turned it off, and went through the steps again.
I pushed the reset much firmer and the battery voltage came up. I was then able to work through the screens.

Thanks to all...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts