Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD PLEASE DELETE: X-Pipe Kit

I'm selling a brand new 2 1/2" X pipe and the 45 degree bend pipes, this effectively the same kit from the OmeyHomey threads. I got this with the intention of installing it, and lucky me, the previous owner already cut out the resonator and did this. Don't know why I never thought to look! anyways, brand new, ready to go. paypal or pickup in NJ only. $85 plus shipping for the kit.

Frank

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Man, you're fast. What's wrong with your AMG sound? Maybe when you've got it done, I can check it out.

JeffreyP
LOL... Sure Jeff! Nothing wrong at all, I heard Dawson's and it sounds good - not too loud at all - so I figured try it out on mine! Who knows if there will be a noticeable performance gain! Anyone, anyone??

·
Registered
98 E-320, 2003 E-500
685 Posts
LOL... Sure Jeff! Nothing wrong at all, I heard Dawson's and it sounds good - not too loud at all - so I figured try it out on mine! Who knows if there will be a noticeable performance gain! Anyone, anyone??
I saw some previous post about xpipe, I believe it's omyhomie with dyno and all the excitement.

Just curious what else have you done (mod)?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I saw some previous post about xpipe, I believe it's omyhomie with dyno and all the excitement.
Just curious what else have you done (mod)?
Nothing yet... all stock. This will be the 1st - after I receive it and when I get around to getting it installed. I also ordered a set of the free clear front bumper lens w/ purchase of amber or blue bulbs from Creative Autoworks (posted in the other forum). The E55's are still fast beasts even in the age of "aspirated" models. Renntech even advised me not to touch the rest of the intake and exhausts (besides a resonator to x-pipe swap) since the factory AMG pieces already flow good enough as it is. They recommend ECU tuning if I ever get serious, but I'm not really out to track or beat on my car on a daily basis. If anything, I would like to eventually get a Quaife LSD installed since that will help to efficiently utilize the tremendous torque these AMGs have. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts