1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
Second try....

Hey guys! I'd really like to get a latex/plaster cast of these before they go on a car. I once worked in a bronze foundry on fine art pieces. These cast could act as rough blanks for future cast (would have to be resized for shrinkage once cast in iron) or as a shape model for custom stainless headers. My Lotus Elan girl just got that mandrel bender delivered and this would make it real easy for her to model up a run of headers without clearance testing involved :)

I've got a lot of time off in the coming weeks and could fly down and be done in a few hours. Shoot me a pm!!!

·
Registered
1982 500SL AMG "Darmstadt Branch"
1,100 Posts
Mclare has one sweet ride and is going to be killer when complete! Way to go!

Would be excellent to make a cast of these in Stainless...

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Not a problem Roy, They are yours for as long as you need them. Once I have them that is. Or, if 48hp sends them first, cool. I will get you a set though. I will need another set for my Sedan if poss. so i will make sure you get a set before I mount them, unless someone beats me to sending you theirs first.

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
Not a problem Roy, They are yours for as long as you need them. Once I have them that is. Or, if 48hp sends them first, cool. I will get you a set though. I will need another set for my Sedan if poss. so i will make sure you get a set before I mount them, unless someone beats me to sending you theirs first.
I'm surprised at the offers I've received. One guy with a set of tri's and downpipes to model! I sent my LotusGirl an email a few minutes ago. I'll get a set of model cast made if I don't end up just taking a set to her. Now that I'm thinking about, it I'll send her a pic of the tri-y's to give her a feel for what we'd like to see. This might be REALLY f'ing cool! :)

·
Registered
'00 Mazda MPV, '98 Chrysler Cirrus
1,654 Posts
Oooooooo I'm getting excited!

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Where do you plan on having them coated? I'm getting a set back from Swaintech shortly..

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,103 Posts
Where do you plan on having them coated? I'm getting a set back from Swaintech shortly..

Jonathan
Ditto.

I've heard some stories about Jet-Hot coating flaking off cast pieces, while tube exhaust manifolds seem to be holding up OK. :(

Not sure whether it is application related (bad prepping, insufficient pre-heating, etc.) or whether Jet-Hot coating simply doesn't stick to cast iron.

Anyone heard the same? :confused:

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I've heard Very good things about Swaintech, thus why I went for them this go-around. Plus the coating is white, ie just like AMG's headers used to be:)

Jonathan

·
Registered
89 560 SEC
335 Posts
I had my coated when I had the RUF engine installed. No issues of flaking what so ever after five years.

·
Registered
1991 420SEL, flirting with 200k
150 Posts

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Yes, but I have a set Of Euro Logs that will fit it.
My Euro logs fit the 380 or 420 116 engine.
PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
too many
2,134 Posts
I had my coated when I had the RUF engine installed. No issues of flaking what so ever after five years.

Were these cast? I've heard lots of stories of the cast ones rusting after a short while...

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
I've heard Very good things about Swaintech, thus why I went for them this go-around. Plus the coating is white, ie just like AMG's headers used to be:)

Jonathan
Oooohhh, White.... Me likey...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts