Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have for sale one used w120, OM636 engine with matching transmission. I believe this is from a 180D which was made from 1953-1958 . Yesterday, I cleaned the beast off, removed the old fuel filter, put fresh diesel in it. I have not tested the glow plugs, but applying ground to the block and 12volts to the #4 glow plug supply wire completes the electrical circuit. What's left of the original gauge panel is included with the engine & transmission. The oil gauge was still connected to the engine oil pressure sender until I broke the rubber hose yesterday. I plan on changing the oil prior to attempting to start. I also sucked out as much old oil as possible from the injection pump and added fresh.

I have the front grill and radiator, too; however, those are NOT for sale in this thread. The front grill is under negoitations. The radiator is going to the radiator shop today.

Here is what I know or have been told:
  • Engine and transmission were pulled from a running rustbucket in southwest Indiana.
  • The crank turns.
  • The water pump turns.
  • Came with two belts but they are way past their life.
  • Fan has one broken fan blade.
  • Injection pump works.
  • Motor data plate is on the engine; however I could NOT get a shot of it with my cell phone.
Asking $900 as is.

I have several trips planned, so delivery is possible. I will be happy to strap tightly to palet and wrap with plastic for shipping. In addition, I will load into your pickup, trailer, or onto your shipper's vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By some miracle is this still available?
It is not; sold to a guy last year in PA who needed a block to put his Ponton back on the road.

I do have a 200D engine block and transmission though along with the accessories if that helps at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you but sadly it doesn't help me. I am looking for the OM636 engine only to replace mine that has been sitting with a broken rod for 25 years. If you know or hear of any if you could let me know that would be a great help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts