Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group, I am selling my '02 Silver Arrow regrettably - no room in the new house once I move. She's in Canada - I imported her in 2007 from the US where she was originally titled. Current mileage 92,000 miles. I do not know what's involved in returning her to the US, but since she started life there I can't imagine it's terribly difficult. I've advertised her on autotrader.ca with an asking price of CND$19,500 which is about USD$14,500. Details below. Please pm for more info or email at k.russell @ sympatico.ca (deleting the spaces either side of the @). I'm located outside of Toronto.

Sc00p

Details:

Marvelous 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Special Edition Convertible. The last year for this body style, M-B made only 1,400 Special Edition Sliver Arrows. Standard features on the SL include removable aluminum hard-top with power soft-top underneath, 5-L Twin-spark 24-valve aluminum V-8 creating 302 HP and 339 lb-ft torque, AMG styling enhancements, 6 speaker Bose Acoustimass sound system, auto pop-up roll bar and much more. Special edition added exclusive Silver Arrow ultra-metallic paint, black birds-eye maple trim, Xenon headlights, exclusive 2 tone designo interior and steering wheel, polished aluminum ext. and int. trim parts, exclusive hi-polished 6-spoke wheels, cross-drilled front and rear disc brakes and more. Truly a unique special edition. These were not sold in Canada - I imported this from the US in 2007. The car came from Florida, has been stored in an heated garage every winter since 2007. If there's rain in the forecast, she stays in my garage. The hard-top only goes on for winter hibernation, but with it on, this car is coupe-like with zero wind noise - you'd never know the top was removable!

I recently had service done by the local M-B dealer and the tech told me when he had it on the hoist he almost never sees cars as pristine as this one is underneath. Never seeing snow or rain has benefits.
I am only selling her as I will no longer have room once I move so it's time for someone else to enjoy her as much as I have. Contact me for more pix or more detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice SL!

If the car was properly exported from the US, it can be imported back into the US with some paperwork. Nice thing is that if you have any paperwork that proves it was titled in the US originally, it will be exempt from duties.

Source: I worked for Audi Canada for years and subsequently as a freight broker specializing in cross-border transport.

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice SL!

If the car was properly exported from the US, it can be imported back into the US with some paperwork. Nice thing is that if you have any paperwork that proves it was titled in the US originally, it will be exempt from duties.

Source: I worked for Audi Canada for years and subsequently as a freight broker specializing in cross-border transport.

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk
That makes sense. I have my copy of the last US owner's title stamped by US Border patrol as being exported. I'm guessing that would suffice. Thanks for your input and thoughts.

Sc00p

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
So Tempted... My fav 129 year/model, (well a SA600 would be #1)

I look at this ad every morning and just want to take a road trip...

I drove to Toronto once just to buy a set of Aero I wheels, (in the winter as well..lol), so it's not that far if I'm motivated enough...

Wheels are turning, gears are grinding, 7 mercs already, probably need to sell 2 of them to get the wife to agree to another.... really a very nice looking SA you have there..!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Tempted... My fav 129 year/model, (well a SA600 would be #1)

I look at this ad every morning and just want to take a road trip...

I drove to Toronto once just to buy a set of Aero I wheels, (in the winter as well..lol), so it's not that far if I'm motivated enough...

Wheels are turning, gears are grinding, 7 mercs already, probably need to sell 2 of them to get the wife to agree to another.... really a very nice looking SA you have there..!
Thanks Aero, it looks like I can save you a trip to Toronto - it's all but sold. I spoke with a couple of very serious MB collectors last week and got a deposit from one sight unseen. He saw it on the weekend and intends to pick it up tomorrow. If he changes his mind for some reason the other guy said he'll buy it. There are definitely folks out there who want a SA. Thanks for your comments - I do try to keep it in as great condition as possible.

If anything changes I'll post back, but for now I think I can say sold!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Sc00p
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing