Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It depends on my ability to get enough of the car parted out simultaneously so that I'm not stuck with half a car and half the money I need out of it, but the car is perfect. I just feel like it's going to be worth more in parts than as a whole. If you have a C55, you know what parts are available, so if you need something, ask. Everything is perfect, seats, body panels, doors, seat belts, airbags, electronics, engine and components, exhaust, wheels, brand new tires and brakes, bi xenons, fog lights, mirrors, etc...its all here and all perfect. Let me know what you need and I'll let you know how much. I'll make it a great deal, but I've got to make sure I'm covered before releasing the parts. I'm going to leave the opportunity open for the next 30 days. I own the car outright and have the title in hand, so no funny business. You can agree to purchase something and I'll hold it until the last day. As long as I'm getting the money I need to get, I'll release all of the parts to their respective parties and everyone wins. It's open season, gentlemen...let the bidding begin. IMG_1070.JPG

IMAGE_274.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just considering the bottom line. I'm asking $22000 for a perfect car and I can't seem to get anyone to look at it. Everyone seems to need parts though, and if I can get enough commitments for the various parts available, two things can happen: I can get the money I need, and some of my fellow enthusiasts can get the much needed parts that will make their babies whole again. I LOVE this car, but I'm not going to give it away to one person for less than it's worth when I could help out a bunch of you and get what I need in the process. Kinda simple, really...but that of course depends on how much interest there is in the parts. I'm sure there are quite a few of the lesser C class model owners out there who would love some genuine AMG parts and some AMG owners who would love to have a new one of something that maybe doesn't work or doesn't look good anymore. We'll see...

·
Registered
C43 AMG, 190E 0.0L
344 Posts
Yeah this is the most insane thing I have heard in a while. Please don't part it......I know the depreciation on these cars is heartbreaking but parting a car is a full time job if you are going to do it right and get anywhere near the money you need for it. You are going to need top dollar for all of your parts to break even, and most people don't pay anywhere close to top dollar for used parts. You may get a sizeable chunk for the drivetrain assuming you actually find a buyer, but my guess is that there are a whole lot more buyers interested in a spotless complete C55 than the motor. There just aren't a lot of vehicles that you could reasonably transplant that motor into, and there aren't that many sitting around in garages with blown motors with an owner thinking "gee I wish someone would sell one of these online somewhere". Not trying to be harsh, but save yourself the trouble and wait for a good buyer. There will be one.

·
Registered
'00 ML55 AMG
370 Posts
I am parting my ml55 and unless you have time, space, patience and a bunch of random hex tools you will hate it! My garage looks like a bomb went off in it and while I have sold a lot there is still a lot left. I would HIGHLY recommend selling whole....

·
'89 300E Turbo project, ‘85 Audi Coupe Quattro, ‘71 BMW turbo 2002, '73 BMW 2002tii, ‘67 Kaiser M725
17,689 Posts
Part out the plastic cheese box! Do it!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still undecided. Obviously, it goes without saying that I'd much rather sell it as a whole, and yes it is in immaculate condition. We'll see I guess. How about this, I'll give $1000 in cash to whoever can find me a legitimate buyer that takes delivery for $22000. Seriously...it would be worth it to me.

·
Registered
09 C300 4Matic
223 Posts
Unless the miles are high, I would have taken it in a minute at that price, but I got an 09 C300 a few months ago. Great looking car, I will keep my eyes and ears open, let us know where you are and the mileage, upgrades, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree 100%, please don't part it out. Your car is actually what brought me to these forums (google search for c55). I am interested in it, but I am still in research mode as I have not driven a C55 (not many around for sale in Oregon) and I do not know much about the reliability yet. I have not replied to your for sale post as I don't want to lead you or anyone on until I have done enough research to feel comfortable about taking the next step. Unfortunately I am annoyingly anal about researching before I buy anything. I didn't do that before I purchased a twin turbo RX-7 and spent $35k in maitenance and only put 20k miles on it in 5 years, not a great choice, so now I research.

Anyway, it is a very nice looking car and appears to be very well kept. This is a tough time to be selling a car, let alone a used car with so many incentives on new cars. Hang in there someone will purchase your car, I'm sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
location mileage more pics. i have a friend looking for a c230k. ill recommend your car instead!:thumbsup: are you in a hurry to make a quick sale or are you willing to wait?
Car has 81k miles. I would like to sell the car sooner than later. No later than the end of May. Tell your friend that a C55 for 1/3 of it's original value is way better than ANY c230k!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts