Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never wrecked as far as I can determine. Lots and lots of good parts incluing a hardtop, hood, trunk, convertible top, carpets, doors , glass, door handles, seats, instrument pod (even with a working clock!) and a million misc. parts. Engine runs strong and probably will run better with new injectors. It does 0-60 in about 9.6 sec (as accurately as I can measure) which is about the listed spec for this car. Has good vacuum. Also have about $1000 in new suspension parts I have assembled for a rebuild. Why am I parting it out then you ask? It just has too much rust than I'm willing to deal with on a restoration but I fugured its woth much more parting it out than tryling to sell it as a running car and I don't want to sell it to an unsuspecting buyer who doesn't know the issues with rust.

Of course if you want to make an offer on the whole car please let me know and we can discuss. You could probably make a bundle on parting it out. I did that with my old Lotus Elan +2 and got over 5X what I could probably have sold it for.

If you are interested in specific parts let me know before I start to list it piece by piece on ebay. You can email me at [email protected]
since I don't check this site every day.

I'll post pictures in a few days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay - have the garage space now so will be starting out the parting out process. I'll post pictures of parts if you are interested.

First up will be the easy items like
Hard top (excellent on outside, could use headliner replacement)
Aluminum Hood (no dents or dings)
Trunk (no dents or dings)
Front Grill (excellent)
Door handles
Doors (no dings or dints)
Interior carpet (blue - excellent conditon except driver carpet ok)
Trunk carpet (blue - excellent condition
Center Console (blue - excellent condition)
Bumpers
etc.

This car has a good engine with only 84,000 miles or so. Seems to run strong with 9.6 secs 0-60 mph. Tranny shifts well, no drive train problems. I will probably keep the rolling chassis intact for awhile anyway. Also has new tires on bundt wheels (could use painting but straight and true)
If you are interested in any specific parts let me know. I'll be putting them on ebay but per forum rules will not provide a link to the ebay listing as you can look that up yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
I have an '83 380sl with blue interior. I'm looking for the Burl wood console inserts. My ashtray Burl is OK but the rest of the Burl wood is shot. I could use the dashboard as well. You got?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been hectic here with the grand kids so am back on getting things ready to sell

Before I put them on fleabay I thought I'd post them here and you can make me a reasonable offer. I"ll be posting items with pictures in small groups. If no takers they will go on fleabay and you can try there. If I know it to be good I"ll tell you but even then if you get it and its not what you expect or doesn't work I'll gladly refund your money if you return it to me. If I know it not to be good I won't even offer it for sell.

Before i start taking apart the engine and individual operating components (like the cold start valve, fuel system components, etc) I thought I make sure I check to see if someone want the entire engine.
It runs very well but would probably benefit from new injectors and new vacuum hoses.
I took it on a drive before I took the car to the storage unit to start taking it apart. I have a video of the engine running and a video of it under acceleration from 0 to 60mph in 9.6 sec (as close as I could time with stop watch). I will be checking the compression when I get around to it soon.

I also have a very good complete blue interior carpets, seats, door panels, console, and even the trunk carpeting. I will be offering it for sale later as a whole and then if it doesn't sell that way as individual components. (Sorry, dash is not good)

You can send me private emails for specific parts and I apologize to those who have seen requests earlier that I may not have responded too in the past.

If you wish you can email me with specific requests at [email protected] for a quicker response.

So - on with the parting out.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Funny. This was a post emailed to me by Tapatalk and I came over here to ask about parts. Then I saw that the original post was from 2018.

Still a few bugs in the Tapatalk system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts