Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know this is my first post, but I am a BMW guy but acquired these and need them sold. I am not a deadbeat or scammer. I have 9000 posts and over 100 things sold on bimmerforum.

Lorinser LO- Super rare square low offset set up
5x112
16x8 +11
3" lips

These wheels are currently blasted down and awaiting powdercoating. I bought them to run on my 2002 Tii but I dont have time for that project right now.

So, you pick the color and they will be like new. Any color, teal, white, black chrome, gold etc etc etc.

The only time they were on the M3

$1,300+ shipping
Can include brand new Falken Ziex 512 205/50 for 225 more

If you want them as is $850 + shipping

Contacts: James
Text: 605-431- one eight four eight
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
560SL,380SL
4,012 Posts
I don't think that is an unreasonable price for these. However, is the bolt pattern truly identical between the two cars?

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,353 Posts
Can you clarify? You state blasted and ready for powder/paint. The pictures show chromed. Older pictures? Agreed. The price is not unreasonable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you clarify? You state blasted and ready for powder/paint. The pictures show chromed. Older pictures? Agreed. The price is not unreasonable.
All correct. Those were before I had them sandblasted with the OEM chrome finish from Lorinser that was peeling badly.

I had them sandblasted to powder coat them white but then ended up with no use for them so I figured I would let the buyer pick the color.

I have no pictures of them as-is. They are in storage. Just imagine those with bare metal that is grayish if you are really curious.

And yes, the price is actually lower than the last 3-4 sets Ive seen sell

·
R/C107 Moderator
32,353 Posts
The question was asked in the 107 forum thanks for clarifying.
Next question would be location. Local pickup would be ideal for someone.

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,562 Posts
I remember when these were sold out of SoCal, and the close up pictures of the chrome were used in the ebay ad. Too bad Karl can't seem to produce a picture of the current condition of the wheels. After stripping chrome from a set myself (electro-chemically at a chrome shop) I know the cost and effort it takes to strip chrome.

You are just going to need to show pictures of these wheels in order to sell them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember when these were sold out of SoCal, and the close up pictures of the chrome were used in the ebay ad. Too bad Karl can't seem to produce a picture of the current condition of the wheels. After stripping chrome from a set myself (electro-chemically at a chrome shop) I know the cost and effort it takes to strip chrome.

You are just going to need to show pictures of these wheels in order to sell them.
Well I'm glad you know so much. So much you had to track down both threads and tried to take a dump in both......smooth.

Bet you didn't know the finish was so bad on these it was literally falling off did ya?

I will get your pics, wheels are at the same place I was storing my Tii which isn't close but if y'all wanna see bare metal wheels, that I can do!

James

·
Registered
'83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '91 190e 2.6 5-speed
2,389 Posts
Though I understand its a pain to pull these out of storage, a main concern with these is pitting. I had a set of 4 16" x 9' wide with tons of pitting - all originally chrome. I think its a legitimate question to ask. Also, aluminum shouldn't be sandblasted but rather media blasted (baking soda, etc.), sandblasting is a aggressive way to go with aluminum.

Throw up some pictures of pitless, striped rims ready to go, and I'm sure you'll have someone jump on them!

GLWS.

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,562 Posts
Just post the pics. It's coming up on eight months now. Lorinser LO 16X8 +11 - Rare Ol' school Merc wheels! - BMW Adapters - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

I understand not being able to get to your storage place, but posting FS ads that will not be capable of selling the wheels is only hurting your cause, making them seem "stale". I did a lot of work on two of the LOs that oisaj_dude mentions above, making them look like this:

I also took these wheels from:

To:

So pictures might do you a lot of good. In my opinion, without them you will never sell the wheels, at least not at fair market price.

Not all comments are intended to be a jerk. :)

·
R/C107 Moderator
32,353 Posts
Though I understand its a pain to pull these out of storage, a main concern with these is pitting. I had a set of 4 16" x 9' wide with tons of pitting - all originally chrome. I think its a legitimate question to ask. Also, aluminum shouldn't be sandblasted but rather media blasted (baking soda, etc.), sandblasting is a aggressive way to go with aluminum.

Throw up some pictures of pitless, striped rims ready to go, and I'm sure you'll have someone jump on them!

GLWS.
Who said anything about them being sandblasted?
I agree pictures would help the sale.

·
Registered
'71 250, '78 450SLC 5.0, '78 450SL, '81 380SLC 5.6, '89 260E, '15 Kia Sorento
5,269 Posts
Well I'm glad you know so much. So much you had to track down both threads and tried to take a dump in both......smooth.

Bet you didn't know the finish was so bad on these it was literally falling off did ya?

I will get your pics, wheels are at the same place I was storing my Tii which isn't close but if y'all wanna see bare metal wheels, that I can do!

James
What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why would you want pictures of wheels that were so lovingly cared for that the finish was "literally falling off"? After all, they are ONLY $850 plus shipping and it is way too much trouble to go to the storage unit. Just send the f'in money and don't waste the op's time.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Smoke Silver
84 Posts
Know this is my first post, but I am a BMW guy but acquired these and need them sold. I am not a deadbeat or scammer. I have 9000 posts and over 100 things sold on bimmerforum.

Lorinser LO- Super rare square low offset set up
5x112
16x8 +11
3" lips

These wheels are currently blasted down and awaiting powdercoating. I bought them to run on my 2002 Tii but I dont have time for that project right now.

So, you pick the color and they will be like new. Any color, teal, white, black chrome, gold etc etc etc.

The only time they were on the M3

$1,300+ shipping
Can include brand new Falken Ziex 512 205/50 for 225 more

If you want them as is $850 + shipping

Contacts: James
Text: 605-431- one eight four eight
Email: [email protected]
hey karl, any chance these lorinser lo wheels would fit a 97 s500? thanx judge smails

1 - 16 of 16 Posts