Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 Mercedes Benz 560SEL
Was around 60k in its day, top of the line at its time.
5.6 litre V8 with 125K
Auto
Heated seats
Leather interior with wood accents
Power everything
Auto trans
New tires- also comes with Snow tires
Has been kept inside, was restored a few years ago.
Recent tune up including new plugs, gaskets, belts etc
Runs and drives like it did when it was brand new
One owner, all paperwork (maintenance) comes with the car

$6300 OBO

·
Registered
1995 S500 and 1989 420SEL
15 Posts
Hi. Do you still have this car? Any other pictures available? Of the interior for example?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, this was my grandfather car, which has survived two divorces. It was stored most of its life, and about 5-7 years ago had everything replaced that had any signs of dry rot, or tarnish (all the window trim). Heres some more pictures.... Not sure on timing belt, I would have to look threw all the service records, which I do have, and will come with the car. It only has 125K, on the original motor and trans, never been replaced.

Heres more pics...

you gotta love the old cell phone lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
*****More Updates******

I only have the most recent repairs here, I have to get the rest of the paperwork from my grandfathers house, to check on the status of the timing chain.

The latest repair that was done on 10/27/10

Air Filer
Fuel Filter
Spark Plugs
Fuel Hose
Air intake Hose
Alt Belt
Power steering belt
AC belt
Air pump Belt
Rear rotors
Brake pad sensors
Rear pads
New Mastercraft Touring LSR tires mounted and balanced with new valve stems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, SERVICE UPDATE

Looked threw my grandfathers receipts and service records.

Within in the last thousand miles the cylinder head was replaced, and transmission rebuilt. I dont see the timing chain listed under parts, but I have a hard time imagining the reassembled the engine with a new one. There are plenty of other parts added at that time. It was within the last 1000 miles, but, was done in 2006. That gives you an idea on how much this has been driven.....

·
Registered
1995 S500 and 1989 420SEL
15 Posts
To members of this forum: Why is no one interested in this car? If the pictures that were posted are current pictures and the maintenance is as it is represented here, sounds like a good deal. Or am I missing something?

To the owner: Assume I'm interested. Which airport would I fly into (Preferrably Southwest Airlines)? And, would you trust this car enough to allow your most beloved friend/family member to take it on a 1500 mile + drive right now?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
It's a desirable color combination. Why haven't peopled jumped on it? they are not that rare and the market for 20 year old V8s, when gas prices approach $4, is pretty soft. If you like it, buy it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its been tough to sell here in New England, I have gotten tons of interest down South.

Comes down to bad economy.... location...location and location.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts