Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300se
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I finally caved and bought the megalo tub of sunroof paste from the dealership. Looking to recoup some of the cost and at the same time help out a few fellow Mercedes enthusiasts! I'm looking to sell it at about the same price and quantity as the guy who sold it in film vials awhile back I was reading about, about 12(that includes shipping) this stuff really does work amazing, took only a tiny bit and my sunroof is completely silent now. This stuff is thick and almost rubbery, with a purple tint in the sun. But anyway I need ideas on how to package it! Oh and btw I've never sold anything over the internet before so any future customers might have to bear with me LOL

·
Registered
Way too many
692 Posts
So...I finally caved and bought the megalo tub of sunroof paste from the dealership. Looking to recoup some of the cost and at the same time help out a few fellow Mercedes enthusiasts! I'm looking to sell it at about the same price and quantity as the guy who sold it in film vials awhile back I was reading about, about 12(that includes shipping) this stuff really does work amazing, took only a tiny bit and my sunroof is completely silent now. This stuff is thick and almost rubbery, with a purple tint in the sun. But anyway I need ideas on how to package it! Oh and btw I've never sold anything over the internet before so any future customers might have to bear with me LOL
Hello and welcome.

Probably the best way to package it is in 35mm film containers. If you can't find those, for some eason everyone over the age 40 has lots of these laying around - sort of like orphan keys, go to the local drug store and ask for some medicine containers without the childproof cap. Depending on how you look, sorry to say, they may give or sell you a few. Short and wide is better than tall and thin (unless we're talking about women). Rexam makes a T-20 10B and a T 40 19B that would be perfect.
As an FYI; telling a pharmacist "exactly" what you want raises all sorts of red flags so maybe mentioning something like "1.5 x 2 0r 3 inches or so" would be better.
It might be prudent to print this thread out and bring the tin of lube in just to assure him/her that you are not in the "retail pharmacuitical" business.

For shipping just use the post office, they have small Priority Mail boxes that are free. You can get on the PO website and both order them and print out postage. By printing out the postage you just have to drop them off instead of waitng in line.
Kind Regards,

Ron

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'll take some once you figure it out.

·
Registered
1990 300se
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright i'm gonna scour my place to try to find some film canisters, as soon as I find one or two I'll make another post and we'll work somethin out! :) thanks for the welcome and advice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1979 450SL; 1973 280SE 4.5; 1986 420 SEL(SOLD)
340 Posts
If it is really an easy DIY and someone can explain the process, I'll take some also.

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,161 Posts
I'll take some too. Someone needs to tell me what to do with it.

·
Registered
'87 560SEC: '86 AMG 560SEC: '87 560SEL - PAST: Heckflosse 190 & 230S
1,479 Posts
yer Ticket

Here on fleabay: 50 - 35mm Film Canisters $9.50 with 5 lots available. Economy Shipping to zip 04241 (Between Wed. Nov. 3 and Fri. Nov. 12) = $4.90

So add me to yer list, and as with anything that goes into these (besides film) pack mine full ~ lol :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
2,091 Posts
ME 3

I'll take some too. Someone needs to tell me what to do with it.
Yup I want to get some also, but a couple of us have asked in eariler posts, how too??

Can anyone please take a few minutes to describe what to do with this stuff, or perhaps a link to a DIY??

Any help is appreciated....tanx

·
Registered
1990 300se
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the ebay link, think I'm gonna go for that. I just need to pick up an ebay gift card as my bank situation is a bit messed up right now haha :rolleyes:
300E91 gave the correct procedure, although I went the lazy route and just applied some to the rails without disassembly.. I'd definitely recommend the official procedure though. I'll make a post as soon as I either find a film canister or two lying around somewhere, or get the ebay shipment. thanks a bunch for all the quick replies! sorry I wasn't already prepared for shipping, I made the post right after I bought the can haha

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,161 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300se
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey..... Might be some delay on the gleitpaste.. My car got wrecked tonight. :(I'll probably be making another post to part out the '90 300se. Wooooo fun times. Moral of the story is don't trust someone waving you on. It was my fault for going when I couldn't see everything going on. Everybody is ok, I barely felt anything, I'll post a picture or two later on.

·
Registered
-1985 300d (champagne/palomino 133k) -1979 300d (dead parts car)
128 Posts
sorry to hear about the car. but, i'd love to buy some gleitpaste!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.