Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
yeah, i was interested. i asked how much and got 'how much would you pay'. ridiculous. good luck getting anything close to $1500.

·
Registered
90 300E
278 Posts
^^^ i agree i think your prices are to high due to that it is a couple of years old and the shipping on that thing is going to be ridiculously expensive. good lucking selling that thing.

GJ

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I did say other offers.

I don't think there is any thing wrong with asking 'how much would you pay' I myself am unsure how much to sell for, is it better if I ask "how much is it worth?"

I would rather not sell for any less than $1000. Still too outrageous?

·
Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,378 Posts
yeah, i was interested. i asked how much and got 'how much would you pay'. ridiculous. good luck getting anything close to $1500.
I think that it is up to the seller to set a price he would be happy to sell for, then if the buyer is happy to acquire it at that price, you have a deal.

How much do you want? / How much would you pay? - these approaches deliver less satisfaction for both parties. The potential buyer risks offending the seller if he offers too little, but risks being ripped-off if he offers too much.

The auction is probably the best way to establish a fair market value as long as you have at least two interested bidders.

·
Registered
2004 ML500 w/ Sport Package
601 Posts
I also have an OEM trailer hitch I would like to sell.

Put that up on ebay, I once watched an OEM ML hitch with the hardware sell for 1000 bucks and it was USED!!! Since they aren't being made anymore, people will pay ALOT for them. Lucky for me, I bought my OEM off ebay brand new for 350 dollars with hardware and wires. Had I let the bid go for a couple of days, i'm sure it would've hit 1000 or even more since it was brand new.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put that up on ebay, I once watched an OEM ML hitch with the hardware sell for 1000 bucks and it was USED!!! Since they aren't being made anymore, people will pay ALOT for them. Lucky for me, I bought my OEM off ebay brand new for 350 dollars with hardware and wires. Had I let the bid go for a couple of days, i'm sure it would've hit 1000 or even more since it was brand new.
Wow, thats crazy. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2000 ML320
169 Posts
There is a difference in the rear wheel carriers from 2002,
this is due to the deeper rear bumper on the '02 update
no doubt the brackets on both sides are also (slightly) deeper

the lock catch is different (the opposite side to the hinge)
the early ones have a rubber cover over it, that moulds to the bar cover
the 2002 onwards have a smaller but visible cast iron bracket

also note that the rear wheel carrier won't suit the offset of the wider 2002 wheels without a spacer plate anyway, nor can you have the lower tailgate garnish as it can touch the wheel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts