Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Arctic White 560 SEC and 1990 Smoke Silver Metallic 560 SEC (formerly Cascade's)
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Euro tail-lights, fits all W126 models (S/SE/SEL/SEC/SD/SDL) for sale. Lenses in very nice shape (no cracks, splits, scratches). Very, very minor light scratches from use, as can be expected, but otherwise, a solid set of lights.

It would be prudent to re-do the rubber seals prior to mounting, as water could easily leak into the trunk.

Original BOSCH parts - no cheap Chinese/Taiwanese garbage here.

$145.00 shipped anywhere in the contiguous 48 states.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Hate to rain on your parade, but these seem to be standard NAM-spec tail lights. There is a portion of the turn signal in red, meant to comply with DOT regulations to include a side marker bulb.

In your photos, the cutoff portion is clearly visible, indicating these are not Euro-spec lights, but rather are NAM versions.

In comparison, these are true Euro tail lights. Notice the turn signal lens goes all the way forward.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
Hard to tell in those pics. On both my Euro cars, there is still the line in the lens that is pictured, but the side wrap around portions are amber.

·
Registered
1990 Arctic White 560 SEC and 1990 Smoke Silver Metallic 560 SEC (formerly Cascade's)
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Ian,

These are amber all the way around. I bought these in Switzerland this summer, and have compared them to my American taillights.

I think these make the cars look a little more elegant, although the effect is not as dramatic as the Euro headlights.

Perhaps this picture will better illustrate the difference between the two. On the right is American style taillight, and on the left, European (the ones that are for sale).

Attachments

·
Registered
560 SEC
100 Posts
For reference, this is a picture of the lense I'm selling from my UK spec 87 SEC...

And this is what they look like on the inside...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that they also have the line going through the reflectors on the corner. Is there a difference between gen 1 and gen 2 taillights?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
That is interesting, as I've never seen Euro tail lights with a cutoff even between the same amber corner lens. Thank you for clarifying. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
1981 500SE AMG
942 Posts
That is interesting, as I've never seen Euro tail lights with a cutoff even between the same amber corner lens. Thank you for clarifying. I stand corrected.
Mine are that way as well. After the cutoff its a reflector. Gen 2 Euro lens.

I want those lights, I just don't have the money. Lol. I have a slew of black interior parts if you need anything.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be willing to trade for Euro SEC blinkers. Shipping from Europe on anything is such a rip-off, you really have to make a huge parts run to make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
1973 W107 350SL, 1985 W123 280TE, 1983 W123 230E, 1996 W202 C280
457 Posts
Thank god we only get euro cars here.... I feel for you guys with the fugly U.s spec stuff. Stupid laws back then.

·
Registered
560 SEC
100 Posts
I'd be willing to trade for Euro SEC blinkers. Shipping from Europe on anything is such a rip-off, you really have to make a huge parts run to make it worthwhile.
Depends on how much you want something.. I usually have to buy most my parts for my toyotas from either US, NZ or Japan..

It'd cost about £30gbp to send a pair of these lenses, 5 day shipping.. I always send my parcels as a Gift so you don't pay any customs or import fees too:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts