·
Registered
'74 & '78 450 SEL
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
F/S Bosch K-Jet CIS fuel and ignition from '78 450 SEL

**********Edited for new pictures*******
Edited for price drop

I have removed the complete Bosch K-Jetronic Continuous Injection System (CIS) from my 1978 450 SEL in order to install an aftermarket EFI and ignition system and I am selling the stock fuel injection and related components and also the stock ignition system.

The car was driven regularly and ran well at the time I removed the components and it started and ran properly under hot and cold conditions. The engine idled smoothly, responded well to full throttle and got 14 MPG. I did not test individual parts of the system for proper functioning since everything seemed to be working normally overall so I will be selling as a system and strictly AS IS. I removed everything carefully and all parts have been stored indoors since last summer. How someone else retrofits this system to their vehicle is beyond my control and I can't guarantee that it will work for your particular application. I will be glad to answer questions about this to the best of my ability so please PM me with questions.

For Sale:

-- airflow sensor and fuel distributor assembly
-- control pressure regulator
-- cold start injector
-- thermo time switch
-- warm up regulator
-- mechanical fuel injectors
-- idle assembly

$200 for all CIS components pictured Edit: price drop - now $125

Also for sale:

-- electronic distributor (with NEW cap and rotor)
-- plug wires (NEW)
-- Bosch coil
-- engine control computer
-- stock wiring
-- ballast resistor

$100 for all ignition parts pictured Edit: price drop - now $75

If you want both the CIS and ignition systems, I'll let everything go for $250 Edit: price drop - now $180

Shipping is UPS ground. Everything will be professionally packed and I will insure. I will charge a flat $10 to ship anywhere in CONUS.

I accept PayPal and am located in Hampshire, Illinois.

·
Registered
'74 & '78 450 SEL
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dropped the price on these parts (see edited original post) - I don't need them, even as backups, and if someone else can get some good use out of them here on the Benz forum then I'd rather not have to put them up on the evilBay. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Hbar:
I'm interested in the injection. I have the same car and I have trouble with my injection. You can contact me, please. My email is: [email protected]. I write from Spain (Valencia). Grateful for everything you do. Sincerely.

Carlos.

·
Registered
MB280GE 1987
6 Posts
I'm interested

Hello Hbar,

I'm from Indonesia and at the moment I'm having a problem with the CIS K-jetronic system on my 280GE.
Could you let me know how much do you think the shipping cost for all the CIS items that you described on above to Indonesia?
The normal shipment should be okay (I'd prefer to skip a Fedex or DHL, since they will be too expensive)
I have an account at PayPal so I think it will help me to settle the payment to you.
You could reply through my email at agung(dot)yoga(at)javatourism(dot)com

Regards

·
Registered
'74 & '78 450 SEL
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
All the parts (fuel and ignition) are on hold pending payment to a member who PM'd me early last week. Should that sale fall through, I will consider cbjunior and agungyoga to be next in line.

EDIT: All parts sold and delivered to buyer in Islamabad, Pakistan.

THANKS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts