Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am offering for sale my show quality AMG OZ Racing 3 piece staggered wheels - 8.5x17 ET18 Fronts and 10x17 ET17 Rears. These wheels are refinished to a level much better than they were when new. High polish on the outer rims, center sections are painted stock silver but to an exceptionally high level of paint finish. All 140 rim bolts were hand polished. All 140 backing nuts were cleaned and then yellow cadmium plated to better than new condition (original nuts had no protective finish and corroded easily). Includes 4 brand new still in the boxes authentic AMG valve stems (HWA part #'s) and four center caps.

Three of the 4 wheels are still apart and will be assembled properly by me and Jono (we have the proper rim bolt sockets), unless someone wants to re-paint the centers. I highly discourage repainting the centers because of the quality level of paint work, but if that's what you want..... I have well over $3,000 invested in these wheels and parts. There are sets for sale on German eBay for $5,000+, plus massive shipping. BW forum price $2,600 including domestic shipping. Note that the lips are NOT coated (clear powder coat or clear paint) - bare polished aluminum. No tires and no excuses. And if you really have to ask - no cracks.

PM me if you are interested.

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mas pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last set

Attachments

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Having seen these wheels First hand I can whole heatedly Recommend them 110%. They are Spectacular.

As Al mentioned, duplicating wheels of this caliber will run you 5K w/ the fellow in Germany.

Having been down the 3 piece re-furb process just recently w/ the Hammer wagon I can attest that buying a set like this for Al's price would have been FAR cheaper, simpler and Wiser on every level.

If you are serious about a set of 3 piecer's and don't want to f'k about, buy these and consider yourself ahead of the game.

Jonathan

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Top notch examples of the most-desired wheel for the w126.

Same kudos goes for Al, I have bought stuff from him before and couldn't have asked for anyone better! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
i should just buy them to have a second set, have they lay around in my office as a trophy, or make a table out of them until i need them.

can i trade you my original bundts for them, comon, original bundts..

the aluminum does not have any chrome plating correct? so were they machine polished or hand, i think mine are hand as they not as shiney

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Gee AL i can't believe would even consider departing with this simply stunning spare set that you had painstakingly restored and i guess it was a tough call.
They have become such a rare rim to source across the globe now hence the higher asking prices.

Of interest and a reminder on value of AMG stuff a Benz owner in NZ had his car stolen back in 2009 and the OZ/AMG rims removed.
His Insurance Company managed to order in a new set via the local MB Dealer that had to come direct from MB Germany very limited wharehouse stock.
Brace yourself anyone when you read the attached invoice and convert the NZ$ to US$ as you most likely will choke on your beer and fall off your chair and a reminder to any prospective buyers of the value in these timeless rims

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have one set of OZ's on my wife's R129. I had planned to put these wheels on a future WB, but my 84 SEL is my AMG and am satisfied with it. Plus, have a joint 91 SEC project with Jono that is taking up resources (like Recaros, H&R's, Aero I's, tires, Nakamichi, etc...). Time to let someone on the Forum enjoy these jewels instead of sitting in boxes in my garage.

All PM's will/have been replied to.

Al

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Insurance companies are way too crooked to ever do something like that. And it says "PARTS ESTIMATE" at the top.
True story and they were ordered in and delivered to the client.
One of our NZ members now owns them as he later down the track bought them off the guy who got the claim. (still new and never saw the road as he sold the R129 without them mounted as re-fitted the original rims that came with the car)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Insurance companies are way too crooked to ever do something like that. And it says "PARTS ESTIMATE" at the top.
This is a confirmed happening. I own those very wheels that the MB dealer got in as per the purchase estimate. Insurance companies are not crooked, they just weigh up their own risks and charge an appropriate premium based on the level of risk they take on.

Check out more info here - http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1512990-found-three-piece-amg-wheels-6.html

The AMG rims for sale by alydon on this thread are truly stunning. Restored , NOS or near new AMG 3 Piece rims are jewels. So much so that I have held off on installing my NOS set on my SEL !

You guys are nuts to let this lie so long.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sale pending to a BW member.

Al

·
AMG Forums Moderator
3,288 Posts
NICE! those are some of the most beautiful wheels that could fit on a w126!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Surprised these lasted so long! Having owned several sets of OZ's, with and without cracks, I know how hard it is to come across a good set like this. Kudo's to the lucky buyer!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Al,

I'm curious about these wheels and wondering if you could you answer a couple of questions for me.

- the rears with the particular offset, with they fit under a stock bodied SEC that's lowered.. and if so,

- what do the inner and outer barrels measure in width each.. ?
- if you were to measure from rim half laying flat on the floor to bottom of straight edge laying across rim edge?

Thx

·
9,038 Posts
Al,

I'm curious about these wheels and wondering if you could you answer a couple of questions for me.

- the rears with the particular offset, with they fit under a stock bodied SEC that's lowered.. and if so,

- what do the inner and outer barrels measure in width each.. ?
- if you were to measure from rim half laying flat on the floor to bottom of straight edge laying across rim edge?

Thx
Not Al.. but can answer your questions for him.

The wheels are not widebody-specific and will fit a stock bodied SEC perfectly.

The inner barrel measures 6.5" (width) and are the same front and back.

The rear wheel should be 10" wide.. the front 8.5"

1 - 20 of 76 Posts