Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They are 17x8 et32. From the W124 chassis.

I bought them from I guy on here stating they were 16's, but come to find out, they weren't. So I'm trying to sell these so I can buy some 16's of the same wheel. If you have some and you want to trade, I'm totally down for that.

The seller told me they were refinished and powder coated. You can't make out the specs on the wheels, but they look brand spankin' new.

My gf is borrowing my camera so I can't take any pictures, but I will have some up as soon as possible. Of all four wheels and the specs that you can't make out.

I bought them for $650, so that's what I'm trying to get. Two of the boxes still haven't even been opened.

Thanks for looking. I'm in Ok. 74114

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,978 Posts
Spec's

They are 17x8 et28. From the W124 chassis.

I bought them from I guy on here stating they were 16's, but come to find out, they weren't.

You can't make out the specs on the wheels, but they look brand spankin' new.

Hmm, if your seller couldn't identify 16 vs 17, "AND" you can't make out the spec's on the wheels,

How do you really know the ET is 28? :confused:

The offset can be measured, just wondering if you have confirmed the ET via measuring, or are you taking the sellers word that they are 28's?

If you need help with the measurements PM me, it's easy, but the wheels must be bare...no tires

I have a set of 16's I would consider swapping, but your width is too much for my purposes.... 7 1/2 is as wide as I'd go myself on my 124's..

Strange you can't read the numbers, I've never seen paint obscure the numbers before... here is a shot of one of my 16's, semi-polished & clear coated. They will get painted over the winter, but the picture is to show you where they might find numbers on your wheelsl, if they are the same vintage.

As you can see in my bottom picture, they are 7 1/2J x 16H2 E40..

If I were you I'd try to include a picture of the numbers as best you could...

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, if your seller couldn't identify 16 vs 17, "AND" you can't make out the spec's on the wheels,

How do you really know the ET is 28? :confused:

The offset can be measured, just wondering if you have confirmed the ET via measuring, or are you taking the sellers word that they are 28's?

If you need help with the measurements PM me, it's easy, but the wheels must be bare...no tires

I have a set of 16's I would consider swapping, but your width is too much for my purposes.... 7 1/2 is as wide as I'd go myself on my 124's..

Strange you can't read the numbers, I've never seen paint obscure the numbers before... here is a shot of one of my 16's, semi-polished & clear coated. They will get painted over the winter, but the picture is to show you where they might find numbers on your wheelsl, if they are the same vintage.

As you can see in my bottom picture, they are 7 1/2J x 16H2 E40..

If I were you I'd try to include a picture of the numbers as best you could...
I measured the offset, came out to around 26/27, so I was assuming they were 28.
I'll try to take and post all the pictures tomorrow. I'll have my camera back by then.

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,808 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This should hopefully confirm the offset.

Width = 8, Overall Width = 9:

Backspace = 5.75:

Measurements on paper:

Turns out I was off by a little. The offset is probably 32mm instead of 31.75mm. Maybe someone on here can confirm that.

I'll have to post the pictures of each wheel tomorrow, because I still have to edit them and I have to get to work soon.
Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st Wheel

Well I had time for the first wheel, so here are some pictures.

Here are the string of numbers that are unreadable.

The backside of wheel one.

And a little chip on the front side of wheel one. Hardly noticeable.

My seller said the chips are from his seller not wrapping them up properly with bubblewrap.

I will post the other three wheels tonight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Second Wheel

So I had laptop battery issues lastnight.
Here is the second wheel:

And the backside:

And a few minor chips on the backside:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Third Wheel

The Front

Unreadable string of numbers on third wheel:

Backside:

Rough powder coat inside the barrel:

Chip on back lip:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fourth Wheel

Front:

Unreadable string of numbers on fourth wheel:

Chips and dings on back lip:

More rough powder coat:

So basically if you aren't picky these are in almost perfect condition from the front side and you could run these immediately.

You can also message me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bump! Where did all my buyers go? Haha
They saw the thick coating of powder coat that was hiding all the defects. Personally, I think you will be better served to remove the powder coating and refinish the wheels yourself. These wheels are heavy enough as is, without adding a thick layer of powder coating.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
They saw the thick coating of powder coat that was hiding all the defects. Personally, I think you will be better served to remove the powder coating and refinish the wheels yourself. These wheels are heavy enough as is, without adding a thick layer of powder coating.
I have pictures of all the defects. There's noway I'm going to pay to have them refinished. I don't have the extra money for that.
Actually, they look pretty good with the layer of powdercoat. I would definitely keep them if I could.

If nobody likes the way they look, hopefully someone with 16's with equal defects, will trade me.

·
Registered
1988 300CE Midnight Blue/Palomino; 1984 300D Orient Red/Palomino; 1994 E500 Black/Gray
247 Posts
Bump! Where did all my buyers go? Haha
I think they don't like the fact they can't read the inscriptions on the wheels identifying the maker, the size, and the offset. If you could either get better pics of those or clear away that part of the paint, you might get somewhere.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I think they don't like the fact they can't read the inscriptions on the wheels identifying the maker, the size, and the offset. If you could either get better pics of those or clear away that part of the paint, you might get somewhere.
Do I still have any interested buyers if I clear that part of the powdercoat?

·
Registered
1992 190e 3.6 amg 1995 c220 1994 c220 1998 sl600 1992 300se 1972 450sl 2005 suzuki drz400sm
286 Posts
If I didn't just buy a set of aero's I would be all over these. This is like the 3rd set of 34et aeros I have ever seen the second set I bought. AMG aero's came in two offsets as far as I know most were 11 and some were 34. My guess is these are 34. The set i have is also 34 which are very rare. Even though the markings are blurred from the powdercoat all the markings look correct. Instead of scraping the powdercoat I will post pics of one of my rims to compare, just give me a day to do it. Also I would post these on vwvortex they should go pretty quick, for some reason those vw guys love rare mercedes wheels. Hopefully someone will jump on these....if not send me a PM after x-mas and I will take these off your hands......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I didn't just buy a set of aero's I would be all over these. This is like the 3rd set of 34et aeros I have ever seen the second set I bought. AMG aero's came in two offsets as far as I know most were 11 and some were 34. My guess is these are 34. The set i have is also 34 which are very rare. Even though the markings are blurred from the powdercoat all the markings look correct. Instead of scraping the powdercoat I will post pics of one of my rims to compare, just give me a day to do it. Also I would post these on vwvortex they should go pretty quick, for some reason those vw guys love rare mercedes wheels. Hopefully someone will jump on these....if not send me a PM after x-mas and I will take these off your hands......
Hey thanks for the help. Definitely most helpful post so far.
If they are rare, hopefully someone will want these soon, considering I'm not trying to sell them for an over the top price. Just trying to get rid of them for the price I bought them for, so I can buy some 16's. :thumbsup:

I can account for those vw junkies becuase I'm one of them. I just haven't got a thread up on vortex yet, but I will be making one very soon. Just thought I'd try selling to all these mercedes folks first.

I'll definitely keep your offer in mind.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.3-16
411 Posts
If I didn't just buy a set of aero's I would be all over these. This is like the 3rd set of 34et aeros I have ever seen the second set I bought.
If I could be certain these were really 17x8" ET34, I would have bought them already.

AMG aero's came in two offsets as far as I know most were 11 and some were 34. My guess is these are 34. The set i have is also 34 which are very rare.
The Aero I was also available in ET28, as fitted to the AMG Hammer. Since the OP says these wheels came off a W124, I strongly suspect these are ET28. If that's the case, then they won't work for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts