·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: Seth
Price: $600

Greetings,

I have a running '81 300D for sale.

PS, PW, Power sun roof, automatic. About 260k on the odometer.

It runs, starts, stops, turns without problems. Power windows still work stronger than my new car. Interior is beautiful minus the driver's seat.

Only problems that I'm aware of:

-Transmission flares between first and second but letting off the gas allows a smooth shift.

-Tear in the drivers seat (pic).

-Tires are starting to dry-rot so they would definitely be a necessity for road trips.

-Could definitely use paint.

Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I want to come look at it, but I'm still in Mobile AL for work. Come back the 24th. I'll drive my 85 over, so that will take care of the battery issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I was stoked to find it in such good condition and it's killed me to see it sit.

Let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still for sale. No longer 'ran when parked' as I've been driving it around a bit.

Definitely needs tires before any real traveling though.

edit: forgot whole reason for bumping this.

New price. Gotta fund engine build on the DD :-D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do.

Hey, they can be yours for $600 shipped ;-)

Just drove it around again today. Still such a more peaceful ride than the Solstice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
How does the right side of the car look? Does it leak a lot? Rust? And most important: would it make it all the way to Chicago before working on it (except new tires)? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How does the right side of the car look? Does it leak a lot? Rust? And most important: would it make it all the way to Chicago before working on it (except new tires)? Thanks!
Other side looks like the one pictured (updated the original post with a shot). Only rust is surface spots where the paint has chipped and some in the door jams.

Cabin does not leak, trunk does but entire trunk interior is still perfect under the carpet. I can snap some pics with the carpet pulled up if you're interested. It really blew my mind (coming from the rusty land of 50s VWs).

I understand these have a reputation for reliability but I wouldn't trust any 30year old car in a long-distance road-trip. It doesn't give me any issues around town but I did two it back from Greensboro, NC when I bought it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nope. the parking lot is very dry underneath. can snap a shot of that as well.

pdorion, pm your zip and ill get a quote. you do know shipping a car cross-county is most likely more than the asking price here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts