Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listing this for my father who uses it as his daily driver. Story is I bought this car, he liked it, I gave it to him. I missed it, so I went and bought another one. So we currently have two identical E55s. He is ready to move on to something else and I don't need two of the same car. So here is it for sale.

It's a 2000 with the Comand system with 2010 Navi discs. The car literally was totally repainted a few weeks ago. There isn't a mark or stone chip on it. No dings, no dents, nothing. While the car was in for paint we took the wheels off and had them powdercoated. So the exterior of the car is totally flawless as it sits. We have all the maintenance records from when we owned it and a few from the previous owner. I remember doing the waterpump and all the pulleys on the front of the engine. Cars runs really well. AC is nice and cold. All the air bladders in the seats work. Interior shows well. Not perfect, but it's totally clean. Dash has no cracks. I personally torn down the entire Comand unit to replace the buttons. These knobs on these units wear off from dirt and you can't replace them without totally tearing down the unit and removing them from the backside. I put updated buttons in that shouldn't come apart like the original ones. Never smoked in or had any pets in it. I believe the miles are 17x,xxx. I have to ask him since he daily drives it for now but he is retired so he's not driving it to work everyday. Just around town. Doesn't need anything at them moment other than a window switch. I am hunting one down and it's only a 15 mintue job to replace, just need to find a decent price for that unit. Only other thing to know is the CD changer in the trunk was removed. It was skipping really bad so he took it out and tossed it. I doubt anyone listens to CDs anymore anyway. Comes with two updated chrome Smart Keys.

Price is $8,300 OBO. Go look around at W210 E55 prices from the past 6-8 months. This is the next AMG car to appreciate because of super low production numbers for North America and prices are currently climbing. Car is located outside of Pittsburgh, PA.

All the photos:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get those mats from??
I can't remember/don't know. Although those are OEM mats, I don't think they were OEM for the E55. My car has E55 AMG mats. I have two sets because Mercedes had one set left before they were going NLA so I snagged them.

These are what I have:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are both sets of mats going with the car? If not would you be willing to sell the mats separate?
The car for sale has the AMG cloth mats and the rubber mats that you see in the car. Those come with the car.

The E55 AMG mats in the other post are for my E55 and they aren't for sale. I just posted them to explain.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something murdered the quality on these photos. I think when they got resized.

Here is something better:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
If it didn't have that post sticking out of the top I might be interested...

<grin>

Nice looking car, Harv! Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The post is a SoCal dealer installed option so that you can pull skateboarders at a "safe" distance. It's high so that they can get air, same as a wake board.

If I was looking I'd certainly look at this one. GLWS!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. The torque in these things could probably a pull a boat easily.

Just some comps that recently sold on the market in auction format.

'99 (Pre-facelift) with 40k miles: $16,759 (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-mercedes-benz-e55-amg-2/)

'02 with 58k miles: $17,277 (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-mercedes-benz-e55-amg-3/)

'01 with 121k miles: $9,500 (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-mercedes-benz-e55-amg-sedan/)

These cars aren't going down in value. Believe me, if it wasn't an exact copy of my car I'd stash it away. But there is no reason to have two of the same car.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
No Pole

This ones for LWB250, I cut the pole down.... :devil

Very Nice Car... ! GLWS...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
You guys are too much. :D
If I were in the market, I'd be all over this one.... my favorite color.... sadly my stable needs to be thinned before any more additions. My wife already has my carry-on packed, 1 more car and she'll get the big bag out... :frown...I want one of everything, that's the problem...:wink

PS: How old are these pic's, in NY we have full foliage now, all green...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
If someone would buy my wagon I would be all over this one. I've been wanting an AMG for some time and this looks like a fantastic one.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
If someone would buy my wagon I would be all over this one. I've been wanting an AMG for some time and this looks like a fantastic one.
From a W124 enthusiast to another, you won't regret buying a well sorted W210 AMG. They are very Teutonic, and of course powerful but without being scary.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From a W124 enthusiast to another, you won't regret buying a well sorted W210 AMG. They are very Teutonic, and of course powerful but without being scary.
This is very true. The power delivery in these cars is butter smooth with just a little throttle.

I'm going to try to do a HD video walkaround soon on this car. These photos don't do the car justice with their killed res.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update on this. He saw a little seep of coolant on the belly pan last week. Found out the radiator had a small crack on one of the end tanks. So we ordered a new Valeo radiator and swapped it in. New coolant went in as well. I checked everything on the front of the engine while the radiator was out, no issues I could see. I did replace the little tiny belt that connects the two aux fans together. It was getting kind of old so that belt is fresh too. Only other thing to note is there is a small stone chip on the hood now behind hood star. It's been hit with touch-up paint. So the paint is no longer perfect, such is life.

So car is still available.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts