Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 E320 5 spd conversion
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sale: differential, 2.87 ratio from a 300D series W124. Believe it’s from a diesel due to the ratio. Can be installed in a 190D/190E W201 if external parts are swapped. I purchased it a few years ago for my 87 300E but the project went in another direction (got a 5 spd. instead). It’s been sitting in the shop taking up space ever since. It has the ABS sensor. This is not for ASR vehicles unless you modify. It has the same flanges, pinion yoke, and mounting as found in an 88 300E, just different ratio. $125 delivered to your door in the 48USA, Paypal or postal money order.

Thanks!

12/08 update:SOLD

·
Registered
94 E320 5 spd conversion
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chicky, I have absolutely no idea, nor do I have an R129 to compare to (although I'd like to move forward a few decades in automotive design from my R107). You would need to do your homework. First step would be to get a few pictures of a W124 unit near to you so that basic comparisons can be made.

·
Registered
2003 E500 Sport, 1995 SL320
129 Posts
it may be possible (straight from wikipedia):

The R129 was based on the shortened floorpan of the Mercedes-Benz W124 and featured many innovative details for the time, for instance electronically controlled damping (optional) and a hidden, automatically extending roll-over bar. The R107's rather dated rear diagonal swing axle gave way to a modern multi-link axle.

·
Registered
1991 R129 500SL
1,983 Posts
Chicky, I have absolutely no idea, nor do I have an R129 to compare to (although I'd like to move forward a few decades in automotive design from my R107). You would need to do your homework. First step would be to get a few pictures of a W124 unit near to you so that basic comparisons can be made.
Ok, thank you for the advice. i will bring the car over to the dealer and compare with a W124. will get back to you by Monday night, your time, if it's still available. BTW, not to worry about shipping overseas, as this will be shipped to a Northern Calif address.

·
Registered
1991 R129 500SL
1,983 Posts
Ok, thank you for the advice. i will bring the car over to the dealer and compare with a W124. will get back to you by Monday night, your time, if it's still available. BTW, not to worry about shipping overseas, as this will be shipped to a Northern Calif address.
Hello hanno,

I was able to confirm that your ring gear and pinion will not be possible for use to my R129, the problem being that yours has a smaller diameter pinion compared to mine.

Thank you

Chicky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.