Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a CA rust free 1987 190e 2.6 to put my 2.2 diesel engine in. The car had 118,000 miles on the odometer. (Of course the odometer did not work when I drove it home.)

I drove it 200 miles home, ran fine. Way too much power for such a small car. Took a compression test before I pulled it. 180 to 190 on all cylinders. Includes all accessories, alt., starter, A/C, Fuel injection, air cleaner. I also have the complete exhaust system from manifold back in excellent condition. I also have the 5 speed manual transmission out of a 1984 2.2 diesel.

The engine is in MN about 25 miles North of Duluth. I can lift it up into a pick-up bed or onto a trailer.
My first preference is to sell it as a whole unit. If you need a part, let me know and if I have no takers for the whole unit, I will part it out. If someone showed up with $200 they could have the engine and for $50 more that same person could have the exhaust system.

The 1984 190D was used by my wife for deer hunting. If you need any body parts or interior parts let me know and I will see if they are usable.

You can contact me at the address below:

oldhouselights at frontiernet dot net

·
Premium Member
1986 190E 2.3-16, 1992 190E 2.3, 2015 GL350 BTC, and 2020 GLS450
2,382 Posts

The 1984 190D was used by my wife for deer hunting. If you need any body parts or interior parts let me know and I will see if they are usable.

You can contact me at the address below:

oldhouselights at frontiernet dot net
I'll take the antlers and the hide. If the heart still works, I'll transplant it into my pit bull. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doe
Hide ruined
Heart stopped

I was driving this car again by the end of the next day. Now the engine is in a 1987 190e 2.6

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fan switch is gone.

No ABS.

The car had a little less then 200k on it.

I have had another inquiry on the differential via e-mail, but it has not been "sold" yet. The axle ratio on a 1984 190D 2.2 diesel is 3.46. Let me know if you are interested in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts