Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
157K All silly Merc issues resolved (wiring harness, leaky transcooler line/power steering line).
Has one or two quarks but is still an all around great car.
Newer tires.
I'm pretty motivated, so insult me with an offer.
The car is located in Lexington, KY.

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 500SL - 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Edition
391 Posts
I'm shopping for a W124 sedan, but you need to set a price.

All you're going to get is lowball offers unless you do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bad: The A/C compressor is hard wired (toggle switch on the dash) and the switch works when it wants to. But when it works, it works perfectly. The drivers head rest is off its track and doesn't work. There is a little wear on the drivers seat bolster (no rips).
The good: The car is from Georgia and hadn't seen salt until this winter. The flex disc has been updated. This car doesn't have the self leveling suspension, or the traction control that is prone to fail. I just replaced the passenger transcooler line and the power steering lines. The engine wiring harness is new.

·
Registered
1985 500SL - 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Edition
391 Posts
Why the heck would someone hard wire a toggle switch rather than fix the CCU? Seems like too much work to go around a problem.

I assume no maintenance records?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The guy I bought it from owned a Land Rover repair shop. I'm not sure what his excuse was for not switching out the CCU. I guess when you work on Rovers you just get good at rigging things. The maintenance records are long gone. I've saved all of my receipts. I do have a copy of the wiring harness invoice. Some of the other things that have been done (like the flex disc), I've just noticed as I poke around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts