Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 400E
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my 1992 Mercedes 400E in excellent condition with 55000 original miles for $9500. It has always been a California car without any accident history. The car has been expertly maintained and works great. Only upgrade is a set of 16" wheels from a 1997 E420. Tires are in excellent condition (Michelin Pilot Exalto). The 400E was Mercedes' first time putting the V8 in the 300E chassis and came with most of that car's options as standard (Leather, sunroof, etc). Even though it has much more power than the 300E, the gas milage is very similar, low 20's on the highway. Very smooth, very well handling vehicle. Interior and Exterior are in perfect condition. Color is Arctic White with Gray leather interior. Recent maintenance includes oil change, and new front brakes (pads, rotors etc). Caps, rotors, sparkplugs replaced last year. Only negatives include: 1. recirc button does not work. (but all other HVAC works great), and 2. the CD changer does not load disks correclty anymore. It will take the magazine and will start to push the disk over into the laser area, then aborts and pulls the disk back. Changer is included along with another one that also seems to not work quite right.
If you are interested in taking a look or want more info, please email me. I am located in Belmont, CA. Please don't contact me if you are a lowballer, scammer or just dying to send me a check from Nigeria. I want to deal with a normal, honest person (like me!). I am not going to sell the car for half price, so please don't ask. The price is higher than other 400E's or E420's, however the mileage is MUCH lower (is anyone aware of a lower one?) and the condition is outstanding.
Thank You, Jim

Attachments

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
I'd throw the factory rims back on the car to sell it. Those wheels just don't work with the car. They scream E420 cheapness. Otherwise, VERY nice car. Someone is going to get a nice ride.

·
Registered
92 400E
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOLD!

To a happy local whose mechanic cooked his old 400E while trying to find a coolant leak and forgetting about it for a couple of hours...

It's been a great ride, thanks for all of your help over the last few years. I still believe the W124 in general and the 400E is one of the (if not THE) best Mercedes ever made.

Au Revoir,

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts