Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

• 69,xxx km (~43,500 miles)
  • Collector plate status. Everything on the car is original and in excellent condition.
  • Paint is original. No rust at all.
  • Mechanically the car needs nothing, everything is in good working order.
  • Transmission shifts and downshifts smooth. No jerking or sticking gears.
  • Clean title with no claims, CarFax in hand.
  • Two owners (1991-2008, 2008-2019), I am the third owner.
  • Three keys with original holder and all original manuals and documentation.
  • Has some marks on the bumpers - I did not get them re-sprayed in order to keep the paint all original. The next owner can take care of this at their leisure.
  • The trunk has 2 small dings, as does the rear driver side quarter panel. All very minor and difficult to capture on camera.
  • Side skirt on the passenger side has a small scuff.
  • Small paint chip on the hood of the car on passenger side.
  • Very light scratch on driver's side rear door.
  • Light oxidization on the chrome on the passenger side. Likely would buff out with Nevr-Dull but I haven't tried yet.
  • I do not have any service records from the previous owner. I was told he had the vehicle serviced by a friend who was a Mercedes-Benz certified mechanic working at a local dealership - all work was done off the books since he had no intent to sell it down the road.

Car is located in Vancouver, BC Canada. I can help a buyer with their shipping arrangements anywhere around the world if necessary.

Over 90 additional photos can be provided.

SOLD!​

·
Registered
97 SL500, 98 E320 Wagon, 2002 ML500 - former W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
6,258 Posts
You should end this thread and list this on Bring A Trailer. You'll get more for it there, most likely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should end this thread and list this on Bring A Trailer. You'll get more for it there, most likely.
Put it up on the forum hoping to find someone who would appreciate it. Bring A Trailer won't list it as I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
97 SL500, 98 E320 Wagon, 2002 ML500 - former W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
6,258 Posts
Put it up on the forum hoping to find someone who would appreciate it. Bring A Trailer won't list it as I'm in Canada.
Eh - didn't think about that. Too bad. Maybe you could find someone to broker it for you so you could get it on BaT?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh - didn't think about that. Too bad. Maybe you could find someone to broker it for you so you could get it on BaT?
I've thought about it but the car has to be registered in the USA unless it's what they consider a "high value" vehicle. Essentially they won't bother with anything that won't get a nice fat commission if it's outside of the USA.

·
Registered
87 420SEL, 91 560SEC, 02 S55 AMG, 09 A4 V6, 13 FOCUS, 14 OUTBACK
113 Posts
Good news, car has been sold to a very nice collector in Hungary :)
did he find the car through this forum? I'm thinking of listing mine - double KM than yours though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts