Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auto transmission, 253,000mi , IT runs perfect, I was told it has a newer, or rebuilt? turbo, and the engine was rebuilt, but I have no proof of that. The interior needs some work, some clips missing or broken, leather is in good shape for 83. paint is very good for original, they sure made them strong back then.

I know these cars are very rare, I just don't have the time to make it nice.

I am in central florida

$4000 takes it before it goes on ebay

email me with any questions, [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, thats not where it us usually parked, the oil is from an old truck.
Just realized that looks pretty bad, ha.
Car doesn't burn oil, no soot or smoke at all, and starts on the first crank every time.

·
Registered
European 1974 350SLC ,'78 300CD& '80 300CD sold , '81 240D SWMBO's Car '84 300CD & Euro
661 Posts
?? $4K ?? good luck with it , better be entirely rust free at that price and have ICE COLD AC too .

These are nice cars but not overly rare .

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
It should sell for between $3100 and $4500.

·
Registered
1987 560SL
164 Posts
Too high

I am not sure it will get as much as you guys estimated. Look closer, the interior is very worn and does not look well kept. If someone is going to let the interior go, they are probably going to let the maintenance go as well. This is just my 2 cent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its crazy how well built these cars are, there is no rust at all on the car, even all the exhaust is rust free, the ac blows, but not cold, it may just need to be charged, ill have to check it out.
Im going to wash it wax it and clean up the intirior a little, for the ebay pictures, then ill post up before it goes on ebay.

There were only 8,007 300cd turbos produced between 1977 an 1985, thats pretty rare isn't it?
The car sat in an old mans driveway for a few years before I got it, I tuned it up, put new tires on it, then I got my trans am, and the car has sat in my driveway, ocasionally driven for the past year. The sun has been hard on the interior.

Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
The E-Bay car's interior is in much better shape. You might be able to get $4000 based on the coupes smaller production numbers.

·
Registered
European 1974 350SLC ,'78 300CD& '80 300CD sold , '81 240D SWMBO's Car '84 300CD & Euro
661 Posts
It appears you're comparing apples to oranges by the pictures . that ad had a lot of hype in it too (BS) .

Please understand ~ we don't want to buy your car cheaply , we just don't want you to get dissillusioned by holding out for that high bid that never happens...

Good luck selling it , rare doesn't always mean " valuable " although I do oove my MercedesDiesel Coupe...

-Nate
JDJP said:
Its crazy how well built these cars are, there is no rust at all on the car, even all the exhaust is rust free, the ac blows, but not cold, it may just need to be charged, ill have to check it out.
Im going to wash it wax it and clean up the intirior a little, for the ebay pictures, then ill post up before it goes on ebay.

There were only 8,007 300cd turbos produced between 1977 an 1985, thats pretty rare isn't it?
The car sat in an old mans driveway for a few years before I got it, I tuned it up, put new tires on it, then I got my trans am, and the car has sat in my driveway, ocasionally driven for the past year. The sun has been hard on the interior.

I think if this car can sell for over $6500, I should be able to get 4000 for mine. eBay Motors: Mercedes-Benz : 300-Series (item 120117125995 end time May-16-07 13:32:34 PDT)

Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off, I don't mean to be rude, but you guys shouldn't have anything negative to say about the car if you are not going to buy it.
RULE #2 2. "If you are NOT interested in the product being sold DO NOT reply. If you have had a problem with the seller, report it to one of the moderators. Personal attacks will not be allowed."

There is no reason to discourage people from buying the car, they see the same pictures you do. AND you only saw one picture of the interior, calm down.
the drivers seat has some cracks in it you can see it in the picture, but the rest of the seats have no cracks.
NOW, I just cleaned her up a little and took some more pictures. here you go.
IF your interested, and you want some different pictures, let me know, it should be on ebay next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
engine pics?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Not ' Rude ' , Clueless Perhaps

JDJP said:
The car is on ebay now
..But of course , no link .

You put the car on the Internet in an open forum (in the wrong place I might add) and then complain when folks give you honest opinions ~ the interior is bagged dash has visable cracks and is badly heat warped , central console is broken or perhaps detached from improper radio removal ~ no radio either . corroded wheels and this list goes on ~ if you'd asked , folks here would have helped you present the car properly and get more $ for it ~ I like it as Red ones don't come along every day .

I personally like the car and if I had $4K and no Diesel Coupe , I'd give it a look .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
$4050-- within the range that my model predicted--even without seeing it.

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
Yeah, I hope the purchaser likes the cracked Pinkamino seats and stained carpet. What are you going to do if the buyer back out?

The paint and the euro's look good, but the rest will need lots of work, and $4050 is a bit much in my opinion.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Agreed But....

...In the words of Mr. P.T. Barnum...... :p

If it truly was rust free , in Florida that would make it a rare car indeed . :bowdown:

I got a laugh out of the seller saying he'd prefer his Firebird.... :thumbsup:

He prolly never even drove this car after he found it for $500.00 someplace .

Pearls before swine and all that :D

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
It appears that the bull market has extended to CDs. I am amazed at the prices of recent eBay sales of them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts