Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Entertaining offers; honestly not quite sure where the price should land...

Body and paint in very good condition (some touch-up spots and a chip or two), and leather seats were just recovered. Zero rust and mechanically VERY sound. I have taken this car across country and would not hesitate to do it again (from AZ to NC then WA to AZ). It is our primary highway cruiser on the weekends as it is a joy to drive. A previous owner did the euro light conversion.

The Bad:
Suffers from same issues all SLs of this vintage encounter, including weak cruise control (works, but vacuum will not hold), split dash, stopped clock, and automatic vents stuck on one setting.
Small oil leak from tranny
Power steering pump recently began leaking
Original radio does not work

The Good:
Full timing chain replacement by Automotive International in Charlotte, NC (including motor mounts, water pump, thermostat)
New seat covers and cushions installed in Bellevue, WA 1 year ago
Tires are three years old with roughly 9k miles on them
Fuel system has been completely gone through including: rebuilt warm-up regulator, rebuilt fuel distributor, drained and inspected tank, newer fuel pump, new accumulator, and new injectors
New coil/plugs
Automatic climate control rebuilt and the a/c has been converted to R12a
Flex discs recently replaced
Transmission mount replaced
Transmission recently serviced
Front suspension gone through and replaced as needed
Battery replaced two years ago
New driver side window motor
I have over $13k in receipts within the past three years on-hand with all parts replaced with OEM Mercedes parts where available.
Comes with the original hardtop which is in excellent condition.

Mileage

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all - listing my car for sale. I've put down $7k to make it move. Here's the post when I was testing the (silent) waters. I've had two folks over to see it thus far but figured posting it here isn't the worst idea.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
SuedeGopher
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing