Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was only able to enjoy this car for one week. I brought the car in from Illinois. The timing chain just broke. I literally was taking it to get the chain and chain guides replaced. The chain gave way at a stop sign on the way to the mechanic. (Believe me, I could not write the irony into this script and yes, the tow truck driver almost saw a grown man cry.) I understand from this website and speaking to others--including the mechanic that the tolerances on the valves are so tight that the motor will need to be redone. I am not a mechanic or Benz expert but I suspect the mechanic is correct--although I have a difficult time trusting. So here I am; everyone has told me it is not worth repairing the motor unless I do it myself--right.

What I do know:
White exterior, red leather guts. 121,290k miles. The arm rest is shot and no longer attached but I do have it. The left front quarter molding is missing. The power steering reservoir has a slow leak. The power antenna does not work but the radio does when within the city. I have both the hard top (not the storage rack) and black soft top and they are in excellent condition. The air conditioning needs to be recharged. All other features worked and the car drove well with good pick up. The trans shifted well. The car is missing both sun visors but the metal arms are still attached. The car has wire spoke wheels and the tires are like new.

Please make reasonable offer. I will provide more photos and information if needed, but please keep in mind I am not a technical person. This is my second Mercedes coupe/roadster.

Attachments

·
Registered
86' 560SL, 11' X5, 01' 330 Track
41 Posts
Not sure if you sold it or not, but if you end up going the part-out route I would be very interested in the whole interior.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sold yet. Thank you for the reply. I figured somebody would want this car for the parts. Alas, I would not know where to begin or how to convey just the interior of the car. I was hoping someone would buy the entire car and part out as needed to help restore their own beauty. OR, have someone buy the car and do the necessary mechanical work.

Perhaps we are not too far apart on numbers based on the interior and the entire car. Make me an offer.

Let me know if you would like to discuss this over the phone and I will post my phone number and/or private email.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
86' 560SL, 11' X5, 01' 330 Track
41 Posts
No worries I did not notice you were so far from me, my apologies. That would make purchasing and shipping the interior less than ideal for either of us. I would be interested in purchasing the whole car and having it shipped, shouldn't be more than 500-800, depending on what you would let it go for. I'm not sure what you would want for it, or what you have into it so I don't want to low ball.

You can shoot me an email to [email protected] and let me know what you would be willing to let it go for.

Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts