Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My famous staller and the new staller for a charming price of $2519.98 as a bundle!
They drive nice until they decide to stall on their own. I am giving up trying to fix them because i don't know what I am doing. Buy them at this low price and have at it.

The cars are in Baltimore. I will not ship to Nigeria or Katmandu. Local pick up!

Many good parts have good into these cars. My loss is your gain:crybaby2:

Attachments

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The 190E is a 1987 120K miles but that figure is inaccurate since the previous owner messed with the odometer.
The 300TE is a 1991 254K miles

Both engines and transmissions work well for their age. The 190E had a head job done three years ago. I also just rebuilt its AC. The cooling system is fairly new too.
Tons of parts in the cars and on hand. Both have new EHAs and much more
I even have spare headlights and stuff I collect from the junkyard... just in case. Everything is included.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I can sense your frustration; good luck with sale.

Fat fingered it using this smartphone.

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I am also including $400 worth of parts that I just got and I actually have even more new parts related to the 300TE suspension. I would estimate a good 600 to 700 worth in parts still in boxes.
My frustration could change quickly and I will come back to my senses and keep the darned things. Act now or watch this thing fizzle out!

·
Registered
93 Posts
SUPER Deal!!!

Shouldn't be long now. My amazement will intensify as time goes by...

You're are so not liking me for residing on the left coast. I'd of been there at 0812 on the dot. No kidding. Someone snap out of it already.

I think you're crazy for selling, but what do I know? The diy learning curve on these was steep for me too.

GLWS

MBZ123

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am making it a good deal because I am certifiably crazy. Look at my post count!

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, I just bought a Honda Fit for the wife a couple of hours ago. This way she wouldn't call me that she's got the poops from a stalling issue.
Guess what!!! the brand new Honda Fit has problems. It's whining down in the drive train somewhere, kind of a grinding noise. not even 30 miles on the counter :(
F this, I am selling everything and just take the bus!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am making it a good deal because I am certifiably crazy. Look at my post count!
Whoa how did I miss that? Certifiable to the MAX

By the way, I just bought a Honda Fit
Definitely OFFICIAL now. Seriously, a honda? Tssk, tssk..../rubs index finger over and over down the other index finger

MBZ123

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, now you know. Is anyone stepping up to the bundle? i have a feeling that I will be withdrawing this offer after I spend the weekend seriously fixing the stalling issues.

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wagon is a great hauler Turnpike, bring a tow package and hitch the 190E behind it all the way to DE. You can rent a U haul thingy for that

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Okay, only the 300TE is for sale now!
I am keeping the 190E so that I can suffer some more while posting in the drama filled thread: Stalling Again in the W201 section

Here is the deal:
$2500 as is
I have installed new front Bilstein shocks and new brake rotors and pads all around. That alone is worth close to $800 worth of stuff. In addition, I installed a $230 EHA for the CIS and I installed new rear gate lifters.
I will add these parts to the deal:
a set of front ball joints
a set of rubber mounts for the rear subframe, front and rear
a new distributor and cap + 6 new plugs
a new rear flex disk with nuts and bolts

It will need a rear exhaust tube between the resonator and the rear muffler, both of which are in good shape.

I think this is an awesome deal, heck, I know that it is!
Come and get it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
What is the meaning of this?

I think German Engineeriong is Honda's best marketing buddy.
I must be dense, mind clarifying?

Indeed, I just bought my wife a Honda Fit to replace the 300TE.
Tho it may fulfill the transportation role in an A TO B kinda way, I seriously doubt it will "replace" a Mercedes. Luxury family hauler to uber-compact eyesore? Resetting your cost of ownership in the process? Hmmm, why not toss a g or 2 and get the stall issue addressed by a trained indy? O that reminds me, did you get that new car noise looked into? Inquiring minds and all...

MBZ123

·
66,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I must be dense, mind clarifying?

Tho it may fulfill the transportation role in an A TO B kinda way, I seriously doubt it will "replace" a Mercedes. Luxury family hauler to uber-compact eyesore? Resetting your cost of ownership in the process? Hmmm, why not toss a g or 2 and get the stall issue addressed by a trained indy? O that reminds me, did you get that new car noise looked into? Inquiring minds and all...

MBZ123
I agree, the Honda Fit will rattle after 30K miles. As matter of fact I just sold her older Fit back in December as soon as it ran out of warranty and I could actually hear vibration throughout the car.
Surprisingly, the Fit held its value well, actually very well.
I bought it in 1009 for $14,000 and sold it at the end of 2012 for $12,000. Based on that alone, my decision to buy a new Fit was an easy one.
We will be picking up the Fit tomorrow after they fix the wheel bearing. Yes, the wheel bearing went out on it on day one when we bought it las Friday.:D

The 300TE has its value but nothing in the $$. Actually most run of the mill Benzes depreciate faster than you can bend over for a financial proctologist to assess your assets.
This 300TE has got to go so that I can make room for another craziness. I am looking at a 320SL for more drama in my life. The wife is okay with my choice as long as she has a car that doesn't stall. The Fit fits her perfectly; I ain't driving that pos anyway.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts