Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280ge
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolled my G wagen [:(]and need to cut roof off but need to replace front wings. How hard is this? I see the nuts on the top of the wing but whats else do I need to do to dismantle them.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
ianwatsoni - 5/12/2005 5:22 AM

Rolled my G wagen [:(]and need to cut roof off but need to replace front wings. How hard is this? I see the nuts on the top of the wing but whats else do I need to do to dismantle them.
Not sure what you mean by "wings"; but if you mean the fenders, there are a couple of other nuts, too.

There are a couple of large ones at the inside rear of the wheel well and there are another couple below the headlight surround. It's a complete nut and bolt job. No cutting or welding required.

·
Registered
280ge
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Roughly how long does it take, I f I remeber you had to replace yours after and accident some time ago.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
ianwatsoni - 5/12/2005 5:41 AM

Thank you. Roughly how long does it take, I f I remeber you had to replace yours after and accident some time ago.
I don't remember, but mine was a G500 (W463). The headlight surround area is a bit more convoluted and complicated than a W460. Also, the W463 has fenderliners and a bunch of stuff attached to the underside, which yours probably does not.

·
Registered
280ge
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What[:0]Have I got to take them off as well, I thought they were off, oh well at least it'll be warm in your workshop and plenty of tea, I'll bring the biscuits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts