Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My w211 sedan for some reason the front wheels are hooking the fenders. I have changed the springs and the dampers but it is still happening. I am not on big wheels. They are 245/45/17. The wheels hook the fender when there is a bump on a turn for example.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is

·
Registered
2006 E-350 4matic M272 W211
144 Posts
Could it be worn control arm bushings or perhaps control arms not set properly when springs were replaced? Loose ball joints? Bad wheel bearings? I'd check other front suspension linkages as well.

Is there any noticeable play in front wheels with vehicle lifted? Are tires wearing unevenly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could it be worn control arm bushings or perhaps control arms not set properly when springs were replaced? Loose ball joints? Bad wheel bearings? I'd check other front suspension linkages as well.

Is there any noticeable play in front wheels with vehicle lifted? Are tires wearing unevenly?
The wheels do not have play of any kind.
The tires are wearing on the inside a lot and in the services here they have told me that these E classes have 2 degrees of negative camber as standart

·
Registered
2006 E-350 4matic M272 W211
144 Posts
Has vehicle been in accident or is it possible someone backed into front end? May not have any visible damage but may have tweaked the front supports just enough to cause problems. I'd have your alignment and front end checked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has vehicle been in accident or is it possible someone backed into front end? May not have any visible damage but may have tweaked the front supports just enough to cause problems. I'd have your alignment and front end checked.
I have checked the alignment and it is ok and the car has never been involved in an accident

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1994 E320 Wagon, plus a brace of 124 diesels
386 Posts
Check to see if your struts are worn out? I had bad inner tire wear on a 124 wagon, shop said 'bad struts' which was hard for me to believe, but sho'nuff when I took them off and tested them per the FSM test, they only pushed like 11 lbs on a scale, but the minimum is 50 lbs or somesuch. Check the factory service manual to see if there is a test for the front struts, and then give that a try. If your struts have move than 100k miles on them, they are probably dead and overdue for replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts