Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1983 W123 200T
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the tie rods yesterday and called a garage to get an alignment done.
Took the car in today and they couldn't do alignment due to car not being on their system.
They couldn't do it even though I was able to supply figures.
Tried 2 other places and they said the same.
I didn't think it would be so difficult to find somewhere to do the job!?!

·
Registered
2008 E320 Bluetec, 1988 560SL totalled unto death). 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, 1983 300CD
1,331 Posts
Where in Hell do you live? My local shops have no problem finding specks on their systems and aligning my 1983.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbodiesel (US Spec)
153 Posts
It’s actually very difficult to find a competent place that can align a Mercedes Benz properly, not just a W123 or any older MB for that matter.

I suggest you do some research on alignment places and find one that is familiar with MB, otherwise, you won’t get a quality alignment.

Even if the place finds your car in the system, it doesn’t mean they are trained or have the experience to work on your car. The alignment procedure in a MB is crucial to get the things right. You have to make sure the technician that is going to work on you car knows what he/she is doing.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,555 Posts
I went through the some years ago on my then W123 .I to replaced all the front steering parts .Then went in to the first garage on my way home .Reason was i did the replacment at my place of work. I must say i never drove anything like it.Car was undrivable .Well the garage worked on it and all went well till i turned right .Then at the other end as the stalk should have canceled it did not .So i took it back ,still the same after 3 visits still not canceling after turn left or right .All adjustment was made on one side only . Only way i could get it fixed was to visit the oldest guy in or area who had been around the block on these w124 and w124 a few times he fixed it first try .So do see if yo ucan do the same so you can get this job done right the first time .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts