Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300CD
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is finally spring and the CD is back on the road. I just installed the H & R lowering springs and didn't realize I was going to have a bottoming out problem with a turned wheel. I seem to recall conversations back a while as to how best to resolve this issue. I think it was either shims or cups or something. If anyone can recall I could sure use the info. I will also roll the rim but that won't be enough. Thanks in advance.

A

·
0 Posts
sounds good. u have a pic of ur car? and from where did u buy the spring kit? and who is H and R, what country does it come from? i would like to see how the car looks, i consider doing the same to mine, however, i would love to have Eibach Rennfedern (springs). did u have to use shorter shocks as well?

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
I have the same questions as amsoil. Thanks

·
Registered
'81 300TD
215 Posts
123Canuck - 4/14/2005 6:20 PM

It is finally spring and the CD is back on the road. I just installed the H & R lowering springs and didn't realize I was going to have a bottoming out problem with a turned wheel. I seem to recall conversations back a while as to how best to resolve this issue. I think it was either shims or cups or something. If anyone can recall I could sure use the info. I will also roll the rim but that won't be enough. Thanks in advance.
Hi 123Canuck,

Check out this link, where I discussed my experience with lowering my wagon: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1198434&start=1&fid=10 .

Did you have your front end aligned after replacing your springs. After I installed the springs and the 23mm shims, I had my front end aligned. The tires rubbed a little. I noticed that my car wasn't tracking right, so I took it back and had it re-aligned. They told me the first alignment was way off. After the 2nd alignment, no more rubbing.

Share some pics with us. Good luck!

Gary

·
Registered
1985 300CD
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been almost a year since I posted and forgot how to attach pics. Someone remind me please. In the interim both H & R and Eibach are from the States although I couldn't get either to supply. They say they don't make them for 123s any more. The car lowered too far in the front and there is no tire clearence. I am chewing up the Goodyears. I did do a four wheel allingment and did use the Bilstein HD shocks. Ride is pretty firm but it sure does hug the road especially with 265/50/15 on back.
Well I got one pic in, maybe I can figure out the process

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts