Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 2002 clk 430 seems to be wearing the front tires on the outside, both sides are evenly worn the car had a wheels alignment as I put the tires on about 11000 miles. the middle still looks good and the inside. The problem is on the outside of the tires. I am a little bit of an aggressive driver and like to corner. I seem to have found people complaining about this, is it normal on those cars due to the camber they have? My rears still look great with no issues. I also do have new tie rods and new bearings on the front.

btw the tires I am using are Conti DWS and used them both in winter and summer.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 2010 S550 4matic
532 Posts
Its a pretty normal condition. I've owned my CLK430 since it was new and have gone through several sets of tires and the fronts always did that no matter what brand. Always got a "proper" alignment at the dealer whenever tires were put on. Has to do with the front/rear staggered setup as well. Do you expereience any cupping on the rears? Also mileage varies on tire brand but I seemed to get really crappy wear when I had Sumitomo HTR+'s which were soft - bad wear at about 10K. The noise was unbearable as well. On the current set I have Yoko's and the wear is better - around 15K - very even wear - a little more on the outer shoulders but not much. General flat wear.

Expect no more than about 15K on any tire - its the nature of the car and you can't do too much to get more life out of them.

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 2010 S550 4matic
532 Posts
Its a pretty normal condition. I've owned my CLK430 since it was new and have gone through several sets of tires and the fronts always did that no matter what brand. Always got a "proper" alignment at the dealer whenever tires were put on. Has to do with the front/rear staggered setup as well. Do you have any cupping on the rears? Also mileage varies on tire brand but I seemed to get really crappy wear when I had Sumitomo HTR+'s which were soft - bad wear at about 10K. The noise was unbearable as well. On the current set I have Yoko's and the wear is better - around 15K - very even wear - a little more on the outer shoulders but not much. General flat wear.

Expect no more than about 15K on any tire - its the nature of the car and you can't do too much to get more life out of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts