Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111/123/124/126/140/201
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car does not have ADS.. just regular suspension with rear hydraulic.....

now i have the following price quote
1) SACH: Claimed MB OE, costs USD60 each
2) Biltstein: Claimed same as MB standard USd68/each
3) MB (Harder than Biltstein, the seller said Biltstein is 7 in hardness and MB is 9 in hardness
cost 150/each

mech said i need to get the MB one cost it is harder and it will make a different.... and i have no idea what is the hardness for SACH, i was told SACH is pretty good....

the installation cost another USD100.....

any opinion is welcome!
THX a lot!!!

·
Registered
1995 S500
99 Posts
I presume you are talking shocks here. Correct? I would go to AutoHausAZ or any of the other sites that advertise on this forum to shop. I have had a great experience with them, good selection, quick delivery and there is a feature that explains a bit about each manufacturer and how they may be differentiated from MB equipment.

I bought the OEM shocks but they were in the $90 range and they were really easy to install. There are only two bolts and there are loads of info on this forum as to how to do it.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
111/123/124/126/140/201
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gcmazza - 4/11/2006 12:06 PM

I presume you are talking shocks here. Correct? I would go to AutoHausAZ or any of the other sites that advertise on this forum to shop. I have had a great experience with them, good selection, quick delivery and there is a feature that explains a bit about each manufacturer and how they may be differentiated from MB equipment.

I bought the OEM shocks but they were in the $90 range and they were really easy to install. There are only two bolts and there are loads of info on this forum as to how to do it.

Good Luck !
i am not in the state so i dont think i can save much by ordering from autohaus...
just wanna know more info regarding the front shocks...
did anyone try the harder one? or it is a must for V8/V12 coz the engine is very heavy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts