Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, the members of this site are amazing with the detail on every topic I've needed help with.
My problem is trying to figure out if the struts are bad (Og from day one in 2004) or if it's something else. When I exit the freeway at about 50, I'll trail brake starting at the offramp, there's a pulsating feel that comes from the left side, it gets worse as apply the brake, however, when I let go and apply more pressure, it's gone completely.
I've done plenty of DIY on the car C230 Kompressor as of late, with the help from here. Saved so much money doing the brakes and oil changes alone. The most time consuming was changing the rear deck panel, after that adventure, you'd think I'd had a fight with a cat!!
Thank you in advance for your advice,
Gil

W163 and General M Gremlin
Welcome to BW Gil,

Good to have you as a new member.
Please complete your BW registration profile so members may better assist you.
Goto your ===> user CP profile====> click on your icon----> click on Account Settings----> goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR into your Profile ----> click save.

The pulsating symptom seems to me like a possible braking issue on the DS, based on your description only.
Qs:
When were the front struts replaced, if at all?
Brake fluid change/Inspection recently? Fluid color?
Check your lower suspension too, on both sides, for any looseness or excessive play, including all bushings.
Report back.

Registered
1998 C250 TD MT WAGON
First of all, the members of this site are amazing with the detail on every topic I've needed help with.
My problem is trying to figure out if the struts are bad (Og from day one in 2004) or if it's something else. When I exit the freeway at about 50, I'll trail brake starting at the offramp, there's a pulsating feel that comes from the left side, it gets worse as apply the brake, however, when I let go and apply more pressure, it's gone completely.
I've done plenty of DIY on the car C230 Kompressor as of late, with the help from here. Saved so much money doing the brakes and oil changes alone. The most time consuming was changing the rear deck panel, after that adventure, you'd think I'd had a fight with a cat!!
Thank you in advance for your advice,
Gil
I'd say the same that khomer2 said

Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Original struts on the car. Brake fluid is amber but in good order. 190K on it BTW.
At a 3 digit clip, there's no bouncing at all, even with the CA roads.
At my last shop visit, it was mentioned about the arms, but that was my last time ever to that shop, and they had been the only ones to work on my car. Seemed like every visit was 250 or more. That's when I started looking around, and found you folks!

Original struts on the car. Brake fluid is amber but in good order. 190K on it BTW.
At a 3 digit clip, there's no bouncing at all, even with the CA roads.
At my last shop visit, it was mentioned about the arms, but that was my last time ever to that shop, and they had been the only ones to work on my car. Seemed like every visit was 250 or more. That's when I started looking around, and found you folks!
fyi, now that you've updated your profile, vehicle info...
You own a w203. This is the w202
Wrong forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts