Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK 43Cabriolet
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know where I can get/buy a new horizontal bar that goes on the front spoiler? Mine has fallen off and I need to fix it. All I see are the bar pegs, and it looks terrible.

I have a silver CLK 430 if anyone has one lying around after they added a body kit.

I am willing to pay a reasonable price for it if someone is willing to sell.

Matt

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
cost like 300 to fix you can go to home depot and get some garden plastic lathe.. and cover it with that will only cost you 3 bucks.. same shit happened to mine and i fixed it with the plastic shit from home depot and i think it looks better..

·
Registered
91 Posts
The home depot fix looks good.
How did you attach it?

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
The part you are looking for is about 125- if my memory serves correct. Then one must paint it.
Youre looking at 200- ballpark. I recommend using a clear silicone when fastening it. Also, The black holders have a nub on them, make sure they are not worn down or broken off which can result in you loosing another. good luck...bc

p.s...The piece you lost has the nubs on it and hook
to the black pieces, i forgot which was male/female piece.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 43Cabriolet
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I just sourced one. brand new and painted silver for $175. I think I will just use some cable ties to keep it in place.....

I appreciate everyone's help.

·
Registered
MirrorBlack CLK 430
18 Posts
My wife lost my spoiler bar about three weeks ago. I couldn't stand it. It wigged me to look at. It was like my ride went to the dentist. Big ole fish mouth. When the other half saw the light, she didn't even want to drive it like that so I know what you mean. Yo, you might want to check the five half round supports that the bar snaps into cause if they're broken, you may lose another one. I repaired the half rounds with 1/4 inch wood stock (cut to about 3 inches), a permanent adhesive glue, a drill and tiny wood screws. It works Cool Daddy but I had to cough up two bills and a fifty to the dealer for the part, and it was primed. They told me to take it to a body shop to have it painted. I might be a Newbie but a fool doesn't live here. I went to Autozone and bought a gloss black automobile can of spray paint and a clear coat can. Got the job done. You can't tell the difference unless you're an inspector. Oh, I plan on gluing it into the snaps. Later!

Your text hereYour text here

·
Registered
2013 E550 4Matic
32 Posts
Matt,

Where did you source the new horizontal bar? I have a black clk55 and my bar went missing some time ago.

Jeff

·
Registered
2001 CLK 43Cabriolet
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They said it was the last one they had in stock. I was lucky enough to have the right color:

http://www.ritepart.com

Good luck,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts