Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 C230 K sport
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Before someone answers me by saying that this post should have been sent on the C230 forum, please read on..
My car is a C230k 1997 (1998 in the us) but it has the AMG sport package that comes with the, I think C36 version.
As you can see in the picture I sent of the front, I caught the front spoiler on an open man hole cover (far side at bottom) also cracking the fog light!!
Now to the question, I have the pieces that broke off and was wondering if it is recommended to get it fixed or to change the whole front bumper?
Do the Mercedes dealers still sell this bumper? As here they say they need to check in Germany and they never do.( I prefer original not Ebay).
Also anyone happen to have the right hand fog light they would like to sell?

Thanks and regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
What's up buddy?
I kind-of have the same problem. My front skirt is all hacked up too & I'm missing one of the covers ($226.00 Mercedes Dealer).
I've been looking around for a bumper, but no luck what-so-ever. The Dealer is asking over $1000 for the Bumper & 3 weeks for it
to arrive from Germany. I've decided to fix it as best I can at my local body shop. I'll be posting pics. soon. As for the fog-lights, I
have seen some on ebay. Not sure if their the original ones? Even if their not AMG's it really wouldn't matter because if you
break one (stone chip) it would be fairly cheaper to replace. I'm scarred to know what dealer would charge for an OEM fog-light?
Good luck & your car looks hott.........(love the grill too)....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
my right side is jacked up also. After looking for a while I have decided that I will buy one from ground dynamics ( Car and Truck Body Kits, Carbon Fiber Hoods, Trunks, Ground Effects, Z3 Fenders, Wings, Wide Body Kits. they seem to have the best prices. Looks like it will be FG instead of urethane and I will spray it myself (just hope I can get the paint to match as that silver is a pain in the arse. As for the fog light I am going to piece mine together with glue. It is a aux driving light and over $200 at the dealer. I used this glue for body work once that works by applying the glue to the two pieces then push them together and while you are holding them together you spray this liquid (much like water) on the glue and is instantly bonded/cured and ready for sanding. Used it on my RX7 mirror and it worked perfect.

·
Registered
1997 C230 K sport
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!, Im thinking maybe just repair the spoiler and take care not to hit anything else..

·
Registered
85 280GE; 98 C43
62 Posts
you can actually just buy that lil piece rather than the whole bumper.....mine got destroyed after i hit a possum drving home late one night....took it to the body shop, and they said theres no way they could repair it.so off i went to the dealership.took my parts lady some time to find the correct piece, but you can get it.....painted and all, it was just under $200

_n.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts