Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you mean that the seats lean toward the center ? If so does it look something like this / | \ ? <p>The seats are simply layers of cotton?!? on top of intertwined metal bands forming the shape of the seat. The heat pads are placed on select areas of the seat. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this yourself. Basically, all you have to do is re-align the foundation to it's upright postion. I you think you can take it apart and put it back together, then go right ahead.<p>Good luck and keep us updated !!<p>Adrian P.<br>: I have an 87 300e with the heated orthopedic seats. I have noticed that both seats have tilted toward the centerline of the car. I was told that the seats have to be rebuilt. Since this was a garage they wouldn't say what was involved in this rebuild. I am considering doing it myself if it requires basic tools.<br>Can anyone provide me with info. <p>Thanks in advance<br>Kurt Mills<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an 87 300e with the heated orthopedic seats. I have noticed that both seats have tilted toward the centerline of the car. I was told that the seats have to be rebuilt. Since this was a garage they wouldn't say what was involved in this rebuild. I am considering doing it myself if it requires basic tools.<br>Can anyone provide me with info. <p>Thanks in advance<br>Kurt Mills

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: Do you mean that the seats lean toward the center ? If so does it look something like this / | \ ? <p>The seats are simply layers of cotton?!? on top of intertwined metal bands forming the shape of the seat. The heat pads are placed on select areas of the seat. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this yourself. Basically, all you have to do is re-align the foundation to it's upright postion. I you think you can take it apart and put it back together, then go right ahead.<p>Good luck and keep us updated !!<p>Adrian P.<br>: I have an 87 300e with the heated orthopedic seats. I have noticed that both seats have tilted toward the centerline of the car. I was told that the seats have to be rebuilt. Since this was a garage they wouldn't say what was involved in this rebuild. I am considering doing it myself if it requires basic tools.<br>Can anyone provide me with info. <p>Thanks in advance<br>Kurt Mills<p><p>Yes when look into the interior of the car from either the fron or the back the inner sides of the seatback seem to be leaning toward each other like this / | \.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts