Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vito 120 cdi has two comfort seats in it. I would liike to change the passenger seat for a bench seat, and somoene locally has offered me one complete with all brackets. Is it a simple swap? The only reason that I ask is that when I bought the vehicle I asked if the dealer would do it for me and they said it could not be done?

Regards

TC

·
Registered
29 Posts
My vito 120 cdi has two comfort seats in it. I would liike to change the passenger seat for a bench seat, and somoene locally has offered me one complete with all brackets. Is it a simple swap? The only reason that I ask is that when I bought the vehicle I asked if the dealer would do it for me and they said it could not be done?

Regards

TC
its a definate nono topcat, have tried to do this on a few occasions and have drawn a blank. The floor is very different if you look at a bench seat factory fitted, there is a space under the seat accessible from the back of the van and I know it has serious implications to a passenger airbag if installed.

Stick with the comfort single passenger seat mate, its a far superior seat as the middle passenger has no leg room with a double

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jon,

The reason I want to do it is so that wecan put my son in with us - he's 2.5 so no need for legroom.

I had a look at the seat today and the brackets are all with itso it will all fit. The only difference I can see is that there is a sensor on the seat. On the double seat it is two wire and on the comfort seat it is three wire. Any ideas if I can retrofit the sensor?

I also know that the sensor works with the passenger airbag/SRS as if you unplug it the SRS warning light lights on the dash and the passenger airbag offlight lights.

If its just passenger airbag I can cope with that as we prefer to have it turned off anyway with the wee one in anyway.

Thanks

TC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts