Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1981 300TD Euro Spec
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

This is a total act of desperation. My seat was feeling a bit deflated so I went with the noodle overhaul on peach parts. I got the seat out of the car, no problem. Put it on the bench and started unscrewing the supposed 4 screws holding the track system to the bottom of the seat. To my surprise, there a 5 screws. Two on the right track, and three on the left! WTF! Now I cant figure out how to get the third screw out.

Can anyone be of any help? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
You did not have to remove the seat tracks to do the pool noodle fix in the first place.

I can see why it feels deflated, there are 3 visible broken springs from the photo!

·
Registered
'83 300D
638 Posts
Using the seat adjuster, slide the seat along the track until th screw is accessable through one of the holes on the bottom track.

Had to do this to convert a passeger seat to the driver side.

·
Registered
1981 300TD Euro Spec
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right, guess i didnt need to take off the track :eek:

I finally got it all put back together, i decided not to go with the $50 dollar spring fix kit on mercedes source. Instead i just jammed foam in there until it sprung back to its original glory. :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 450 SL
613 Posts
I wouldn't use the seat spring fix as long as I have access to passenger seat boxes. They never seem to break.

·
Registered
1958 MB 220S & 1985 300D
38 Posts
So, I should just swap my passenger seat with the drivers seat meanng just the bottoms. Or is this disassemble and swap spring boxes? I'm wanting to do a high-end permanent (another 25 years) fix on the driver's side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts